Register and you’ll be able to save your searches, and receive email updates when new vacancies become available.
Front End Engineer
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for exceptional front-end engineers to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond on cross-platform web initiatives delivering to desktop, tablet, mobile and social platforms. The challenge is to help us develop the next generation browser-based user experience that will be seen by hundreds of thousands of customers every day. As a developer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, UX and marketing professionals. You'll be working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking collaborative team environment.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting to the Technical Manager in the Development team, some of the things you will get involved in are:
- Writing, testing and maintaining quality front-end code
- Actively working to build and introduce best practices and technical changes to benefit the team and business
- Working with a small, cross-functional team to deliver business value
- Helping to maintain and improve our best practices
- Collaboratively working with other team members to build a product that changes peoples lives
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You're passionate about development and front-end technologies, proud of what you do and interested in advancing your skills and those of your team. You're able to work both independently and collaboratively with different team members on projects and can balance technology decisions and best practices with wider business judgement and delivery.
You desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others. You are interested in learning, and working as part of a forward thinking team to drive change and make a difference.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically
- Strong knowledge of libraries and frameworks such as jQuery, Jasmine, ExtJS, RequireJS, Angular, Node.js
- Experience or strong desire to dive into the server-side and develop cross-functionally
- Ruby on Rails experience or a desire to learn Ruby on Rails would be a key advantage
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg Continuous Delivery, DVCS such as GIT, TDD
- Strong desire to learn, develop and help drive change
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Enjoy pairing and collaboration
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- You'll need a technical background, with a strong degree preferably in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- A GitHub profile and contributions to open-source development is a bonus and highly valued
- Previous e-commerce experience would also be beneficial
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
Send us a github profile or public presence e.g. blog, portfolio, stack overflow.
To apply, please attach a covering letter to wow us and your CV Please send us a github profile or public presence e.g. blog, portfolio, stack overflow by clicking the 'Apply to this position' button below now.
We're the number one curated online marketplace in the world (rapidly expanding in the UK and internationally) and one of the most exciting places you can work. As a business, we are creative, innovative and forward-thinking. As a team, we are supportive, passionate and absolute experts in what we do.
You love what you do, and you're looking for an amazing opportunity to grab hold of with both hands. You thrive in a team-focused, fast-paced, dynamic environment. You're the type of person who wants to make an impact and deliver results: someone who can take a blank slate and create something incredible.