Register and you’ll be able to save your searches, and receive email updates when new vacancies become available.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We are transforming our platform and want you to be part of it; as a result we’re looking for a number of experienced Java developers at a range of levels to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond. As an engineer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, user experience and marketing professionals following strong Agile principles.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Reporting into the Development Manager, some of the things you will get involved in are:
- Writing, testing and maintaining quality code
- Working with a small, empowered cross-functional team to deliver business value
- Helping to maintain and improve our best practices
- Providing support for other team members through code review and pairing
- Be part of our success and make a difference
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to collaborate with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
Our ideal candidate will be from an e-commerce background with experience building high availability backend services using strong agile development practices.
- Keen software engineering approach and very good object-oriented design ability
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- Mobile web and/or native development
- TDD and object-oriented design skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Source Control with Git, BDD with Cucumber
- Previous e-commerce experience would also be beneficial
- Website and user experience design awareness would be an advantage
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
To apply, please attach a covering letter to wow us and your CV by clicking the 'Apply to this position' button below now.
We're the number one curated online marketplace in the world (rapidly expanding in the UK and internationally) and one of the most exciting places you can work. As a business, we are creative, innovative and forward-thinking. As a team, we are supportive, passionate and absolute experts in what we do.
You love what you do, and you're looking for an amazing opportunity to grab hold of with both hands. You thrive in a team-focused, fast-paced, dynamic environment. You're the type of person who wants to make an impact and deliver results: someone who can take a blank slate and create something incredible.