Register and you’ll be able to save your searches, and receive email updates when new vacancies become available.
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
We have recognised the strategic importance of delivery in our journey of rapid growth. There is more rapid change in the industry than ever before, and delivery is becoming an increasingly pivotal part of the shopping experience for customers.
This new role will champion the execution and on-going development of our developing delivery strategy, through close working with internal colleagues, partner sellers, and carriers.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
This role reports into the COO, and will work very closely with our Commercial and Partner teams, as well as our individual Partners (sellers) themselves.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include:
• Roll-out of the agreed customer delivery proposition
• Championing the implementation of the selected delivery management platform, and become expert user ,
• Understanding beneficial delivery market innovation and gain approval / implement appropriately
• Managing the relationships with and performance of delivery carriers, drop-off points, and delivery system provider
• Supporting the roll-out of the international business with appropriate delivery solutions and providers
• Actively supporting the finance and marketing teams in managing the delivery shadow P&L
• Developing an in-house fulfilment offering for partner sellers which enables de-risking of peak volumes, and offering selected fast-moving stock for key gift periods
• In time, recruiting and developing a small team to support
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate has extensive practical experience of the e-commerce delivery domain and knows the industry inside out. Excellent inter-personal and influencing skills are key, as you’ll be working closely with the internal team, the partner sellers, and the carriers. You’ll also be comfortable with crunching the numbers and will possess strong analytical skills. Passion, tenacity, and a huge amount of drive and resilience are also qualities we’ll be looking for.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
• Demonstrable experience of managing domestic and international b2c shipping in a retail e-commerce / omni- channel world – preferably in a retailer / brand
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders both internally and externally
• Commercial Awareness including thorough understanding of logistics and e-commerce delivery marketplace /products/suppliers/innovation
• Highly systems-literate
• Confident self-starter with initiative
• Previous management experience would be beneficial
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
To apply, please attach a covering letter to wow us and your CV by clicking the 'Apply to this position' button below now.
We're the number one curated online marketplace in the world (rapidly expanding in the UK and internationally) and one of the most exciting places you can work. As a business, we are creative, innovative and forward-thinking. As a team, we are supportive, passionate and absolute experts in what we do.
You love what you do, and you're looking for an amazing opportunity to grab hold of with both hands. You thrive in a team-focused, fast-paced, dynamic environment. You're the type of person who wants to make an impact and deliver results: someone who can take a blank slate and create something incredible.