We are looking for someone with solid experience in maintenance, building, DIY, cleaning and housekeeping. You will also need technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, as well as ideally some IT skills. Friendly and approachable, you will understand the importance of keeping high standards in and around the home, ensuring our residents enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable environment.
This post as bank will be to keep records updated and carry out small maintenance tasks within the area in our Maintenance operative’s absence
Tasks could include:
- Report and action any known defects to appliances, damaged furniture/equipment and any other potential hazards to the Home Manager, who will advise accordingly;
- Ensure the maintenance of the Care Centre’s exterior, including:
- Keep any sheds, outbuildings and outdoor areas clean, tidy and accessible to all
- Where applicable, cut the grass around the building and tend to any flowerbeds, hanging baskets etc.;
- Clean all signs/lighting outside the Care Centre;
- Carry out any patching up or touching up of decoration as and when required.
- Test the fire alarm system, and log results, weekly. Check call points, fire exits, door retaining devices and fire emergency lights, as specified in Company procedures;
- Ensure all ventilation units and lights are kept clean. Replace any defective light bulbs/diffusers;
- Test all portable appliance as specified in Company procedures;
- Test and record water temperatures as specified in company procedures;
- Maintain a ‘Maintenance Book’ in which defects are recorded by Staff Members. Use this book to effect repairs/replacements daily;
- Assist/supervise with deliveries to the Care Centre. Monitor delivered goods closely.
What we will offer you in return!
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- We cover the cost of your DBS check (£44)
- Uniform provided, if required
- Recognition schemes (Akari Star Award)
We are always searching for passionate and experienced people who are prepared to continuously grow, develop, and learn. There are also career progression opportunities at all levels which could see you progress to more senior roles.