Life at Appello...
At Appello, you can make a difference to people’s lives. You’ll be helping to transform lives through technology solutions, supporting the health, safety and security of vulnerable people.
You’re trusted to deliver outcomes that improve lives. We know this isn’t an easy task. It’s not for everyone. So in return, you’ll be well rewarded for your effort. You’ll be supported in your career – whether that’s career progression, learning new skills or simply doing what you do well.
And because we’re there for our customers around the clock, we’ve got opportunities that can be flexible for you.
This role is field based but will be required to commute to East Berkshire up to 3 days per week.
- Technical design and delivery of enhancements to Appello’s core product offering and hosted services.
- "Hands on" development and technical leadership and the mentoring of less experienced developers. Provide technical direction and support to expand Appello’s product offering and expertise to the development team and the rest of the business.
- Participate in all stages of the development lifecycle of the product, including requirements gathering, functional and technical designs, as well as programming and testing.
- Act in a client-facing capacity as and when the need arises.
- Offer second line assistance to the client support team, and in so doing, resolve client reported issues in a responsive and timely manner.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
What you will need to make a difference...
If you’ve got the right attitude and personality, we’ll provide you with an environment to think through and structure solutions to deal with our project requirements.
As a developer with Appello, you’ll deliver innovative and reliable solutions to support our end user’s with life critical services.
- Great communication and listening skills
- Ability to present to client’s technical information
- The perseverance to get to the bottom of problems and solve them
- Flexible approach to workload
- Ability to prioritise / multitask
- SIP Telephony
- CentOS Linux – admin/config
- NodeJS and event-based programming
- Client/Server architectures
- IP Networking technologies
- Ideally a degree in a related computer or networking discipline or suitable industry experience.
- 5 years in a software product development environment – preferably in ip telephony.
- Ability to design and build mission critical solutions that are highly resilient, fault tolerant and scalable.
- Understanding of IP telephony technologies and call routing
- CentOS Linux admin/config using bash, systems
- NodeJS and event-based programming
- VoIP SIP and RTP Telephony protocols
- IP routing, TCP/UDP, Multicast
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems, networking and tools
- Security and authentication standard methodologies
- Audio and video codecs, and their common issues
- Configuration Management and automation
- Cloud-based infrastructures
We would consider self-employed contractors for this role.
Appello Perks 😎
- 25 days holiday
- We offer you discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more.
- Free onsite parking at our offices
- Free tea and coffee at our offices
- Free fruit delivered to the offices each week
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Family and friends’ discounts on our services & products
- Casual dress
- Pension Scheme, up to 4% Company matched
- Life assurance 2x annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance for Self
📧 Ready to join our team? 📧
If you are keen to find out more and have the necessary skills, please apply now with your up to date CV.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of religious beliefs, political opinion, race, sex, marital status, age or disability.
If you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the HR Team on 01425 626337.