Essential Criteria: Level 3 Diploma or equivalent, or willingness to work towards achieving this. 3 or more GCSEs (including Mathematics and English) at Grade C or above or other equivalent
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Average of 40 hours per week worked over shift pattern including weekends, bank holidays and sleep-in shifts (£65 allowance per night). Early shifts 7.30am - 3.30pm / Late shifts 2.30pm - 10.30pm / Sleep-ins 10.30pm - 7.30am
Salary: £9.39 - £10.20 per hour (£19,531 - £21,216 per annum) linked to competency and qualifications
We are currently looking for a SEN Residential Care Shift Leader in Pilning and North Bristol, where our care home provides specialist residential care for children and young people aged 7-19 with communication and associated difficulties.
Our students may be on the autistic spectrum, have Asperger’s Syndrome or other difficulties that impact their emotional health and well-being and create barriers to learning.
Your role will be to manage, motivate and coach a team of Support Workers to ensure a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our young people first.
Acting as a role model, you’ll support the development and improvement of individual and team practices, review and monitor Support Worker performance and support the training and development of the team, with a particular focus on the development towards QCF and other mandatory training.
You’ll also be expected to take an active role in ensuring that the Duty Rota and planners are complete and that adequate cover is available at all times.
This is very much a hands-on role where you will work directly with children and young people and will provide appropriate personal care and emotional support to those using our services.
It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the children and young adults that we work with. Successful candidate are likely to demonstrate:
* QCF Level 3 in Childcare or a QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare (or equivalent) desirable.
* If not already qualified willingness to complete QCF Level 3 within 6 months of starting position.
* Must have strong experience in managing shift workers/supervisions.
* Experience working within special needs and/or support/care roles
* A positive and creative approach in meeting children’s needs.
* Good interpersonal and team working skills.
* Literacy skills.
* Able to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role.
* Be able to work within a rota pattern (which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays). Sleep-in shifts will also be required. Early shifts 7.30am - 3.30pm / Late shifts 2.30pm - 10.30pm / Sleep-ins 10.30pm - 8am (£65 allowance payable per sleep-in shift)
* Must have full UK driving licence.
For more information or to request a job description please call Hedgeway on 01454 632532 or email HedgewayJobs@the-aurora-group.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer.