What we need in a nutshell
We need someone who will keep our accommodation, and the holiday park, in tip-top condition and looking spectacular; repairing, maintaining, renewing and improving everything from the entrance signage to the back fence.
Some of the background
We’re not your average holiday company. Our guests come to our UK resorts to experience a world away from their day-to-day. When they are with us, they play crazy games, enjoy show-stopping entertainment and live in the moment. Our job is to surprise and delight them at every turn.
We need you to be the person who delivers delight to our guests by ensuring that everything in their accommodation, and across the park, looks great and works properly.
What you’ll be doing
As part of our slightly bonkers team of holiday heroes, you will help the Maintenance Manager to ensure everything is in good working order. Your work will include:
* Carpentry, e.g. repair of doors, windows, kitchen units, walls and floors, signage, roofs & gutters and just about anything else wooden that you can think of.
* Landscaping, including paving and fencing
* Moving and siting Caravans, including external Plumbing
* Painting, decorating and tiling
* Maintenance jobs; everything from replacing light bulbs to troubleshooting faulty locks and cutting keys
* Carrying out maintenance checks and repairs on changeover days, working with other tradespeople when necessary
* Pretty much anything else that other people can’t do!
Guests and staff will look to you to fix what’s broken and restore order, so you will need to be confident, friendly and obliging in addition to your practical skills.
One more thing…holidays happen at holiday times, so you’ll need to work your magic on bank holidays, evenings and weekends too.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
We will train you, but you’ll need to have the following skills and experience to apply for this role:
* Experience of building maintenance and carpentry in a similar role
* Ability to carry out domestic repairs and maintenance, e.g. tiling, painting, lock repairs etc
* An understanding of Health & Safety at work
* A good standard of education, ideally to GCSE standard or equivalent
Add in the ability to think for yourself and be proactive, great people skills, unfailing enthusiasm and extremely high standards of craftsmanship - if you’ve got all that, you’re in the running.
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun loving, people centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers – if that’s fired up your curiosity, have a read about it here and decide if it describes you.
Nice to have but not essential
It would be great if you tick some of these boxes too (but we won’t hold it against you if you don’t).
* Hospitality sector experience
* Experience of working in a holiday park
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Click on the Apply Now button. If you’re new to our website, we’ll prompt you to register. If you’ve already registered, you can simply log in. Then complete your details and send us your best version of you.
That could be a vlog, blog or a Snapchat story; it could be a good old CV – if it is a CV, make sure you add a note or covering letter to say why you’re the one for the job.
It’s up to you what you say and how you say it; whatever makes you feel good and tells your story best.