The Customer Care team, making sure home buyers receive the very best care following their home buying experience.
Being in a customer-facing role with us is a little bit different than most businesses. Our customers expect their homes to be of the highest standard, and you’ll make sure they are, by being on hand with answers and practical help. Because of the things you’ll be dealing with we look, ideally, for construction or building experience. More importantly than that though, is your passion for quality and professionalism.
Role: Customer Care Manager
To efficiently and effectively improve and be responsible for the delivery of Customer Care within the Division. To implement the Group’s policies and procedures in relation to Customer Care, and to meet and maintain quality assurance standards. To contribute towards the Division meeting its Customer satisfaction targets, and to manage all post-occupation customer-related issues through to resolution via the Customer Care team.
Responsible to: Construction Director
- To ensure the Customer Care department is compliant with all SHE policies and procedures, putting the safety of our teams as first priority.
- To manage the Customer Care team effectively, to ensure that the department fully implements the BDW standard Customer Care policies and procedures and that all issues raised by the customer are dealt with professionally, quickly and to their complete satisfaction.
- To liaise regularly with the Construction, Technical, Commercial and Sales Departments to ensure Customer Care issues are minimised and handled efficiently.
- Ensure that all administration and IT systems are fully utilised and managed effectively to achieve the Company objectives, in particular to ensure the full and correct use of the iCARE system and the Customer Journey Compliance Tracker.
- Ensure the Customer Care team are well-directed with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, coaching, training and development, and the organisation of the administrative workload.
- Hold weekly internal meetings with staff to resolve any issues, ensuring Action Logs are managed for the benefit of colleagues and the Construction Director.
- Maintain a log of customer care issues for weekly review with the Construction Director & Managing Director.
- Ensure cost control procedures are followed for all remedial works undertaken. Analyse and report on a monthly basis to the Construction Director.
- Ensure that all post-occupation remedial work is completed to the required standards, within BDW target timescales and in line with the requirements of the NHBC warranty, guidelines and Technical Standards.
- Ensure the company is represented at all NHBC Resolution & Claim Inspections. Ensure that all NHBC remedial works are completed within the specified timescales.
- To own all customer complaints for the Division and ensure they are acknowledged, investigated and resolved within target timescales.
- Providing support to other Divisional functional teams in line with our Customer First priority of ‘putting the customer at the heart of everything we do’
- Promote and act in accordance with all Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience managing Customer Care teams – knowledge of the housebuilding industry is desirable but not essential
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and multi-task whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Resilient in the face of negativity
- Ability to influence others
WHAT ABOUT THE BENEFITS?
Competitive Base Salary
25 Days Holiday
Choice of Flexible Benefits
Money Purchase Pension Scheme
Company Car/Cash Allowance