The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
Purpose: Responsible for overseeing the design of infrastructure and groundwork’s packages for residential developments.
Responsible to: Technical Manager
- To procure services records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes.
- To oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 agreements
- Secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
- Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
- To maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant’s designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in value Engineering
- Liaise with other Technical Team members and others as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
- To prepare pre-purchase appraisals of development opportunities advising on development constraints and ‘abnormal’ items requiring commercial provisions.
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in an Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience in a design related environment, preferably with Civil or Structural Consulting Engineers
- Ability to confidently handle negotiations with external bodies, including sewerage undertakers and highway authorities
- Ability to co-ordinate with all members of the design team to ensure programmes are achieved
- Computer literate, experience of design software packages such as AutoCAD, PDS or Mircodrainage desirable although not essential.
What about the benefits package?
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holidays
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance