The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Allocated to provide architectural support to a number of current developments, in particular our prestigious Newbury Racecourse development.
- Responsible for gaining building regulation approvals for allocated developments.
- Assist the Design Manager with requirements of Planning Applications for new developments.
- Delivering and coordinating working drawing packages.
- Coordinate technical information for site starts.
- Investigation of technical problems encountered and provision of economical viable solutions.
- Ensure that technical department procedures, layouts and technical reports for land appraisal and required working drawings are delivered to the agreed schedule.
- Attend site project meetings.
- Experience of working for a housing developer is desirable.
- Experience in working with MMC is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team, both within the department and the wider business unit.
- High proficiency in Autocad is vital and MS Office experience is essential.
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of problem solving abilities and be detail oriented to produce and coordinate high quality information.
- Time management skills are an essential requirement to manage a number of priorities and changes to meet business needs.
- A sound knowledge of the current NHBC Technical Standards are essential together with knowledge of the building regulations.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 25 days holiday
- Company Car
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits