Depending on the role, the Administration function could be supporting professionals out in the field, or supplying sites and customers with a steady flow of information. You might be dealing with customer queries, or helping employees with issues. But while the work varies from team to team, our key requirements don’t; you must be well organised, extremely helpful and resourceful, and able to use your initiative. You’ll understand that what you do is important, and impacts on your team, the department, and the wider business.
- Work closely with the Director/Manager to ensure that relevant administrative tasks are dealt with efficiently
- Perform general departmental administration tasks as and when required to meet the needs of the department
- Manage and maintain relevant filing systems and databases
- Liaise with internal and external customers/contacts to ensure a smooth flow of information and work between the department, Head Office and other internal/external departments and contacts
- Monitor costs incurred by the department
- Ensure effective and efficient processing of documents through Company systems, working within set time frames
- Provide other appropriate ad hoc duties, and administrative support within the Division, as and when required
- Type letters, memos, Board papers, schedules, etc. and follow up responses if required
Personal characteristics/ qualifications and skills:
- Experience of working in an administration/secretarial role.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with MS Office programs and a good standard of written English.
- Ability to generate professional correspondence unaided.
- Self–disciplined, with demonstrably good time management skills and the ability to manage a number of priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Team player, supportive of colleagues.
- Professional and pleasant manner in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Excellent telephone skills