The Customer Care team, making sure home buyers receive the very best care following their home buying experience.
Being in a customer-facing role with us is a little bit different than most businesses. Our customers expect their homes to be of the highest standard, and you’ll make sure they are, by being on hand with answers and practical help. Because of the things you’ll be dealing with we look, ideally, for construction or building experience. More importantly than that though, is your passion for quality and professionalism.
Summary of the Role
Our customers expect high quality homes, and an after sales service to match. Part of a large team, you’re there to provide it. Owning every call and query you receive, you’ll follow through maintenance requests, write emails and make courtesy calls, helping the business deliver on its quality promise. Someone who understands what great customer service feels like, you’ll have good all-round administrative skills, and the initiative to manage a busy workload without close supervision.
What will I be responsible for:
- Ensure personal and team compliance with all relevant SHE policies and procedures, putting the safety of our teams as first priority.
- To fully adhere to the BDW standard Customer Care policies and procedures, ensuring that all issues raised by our customers are dealt with professionally, quickly and to their complete satisfaction.
- Ensure all contacts (calls, emails, online, Social Media) received are handled professionally and courteously, with all issues appropriately recorded in the Company’s iCARE IT system
- Coordinate with colleagues to ensure the department provides continual telephone cover throughout the working day
- Arrange the inspection of remedial enquiries where necessary to agree valid warranty issues.
- Liaise between Site Management teams, Customer Care Operatives and external Sub-contractors to ensure all remedial works are completed efficiently, in accordance with the NHBC Buildmark Warranty and in line with the company’s stated Service Level Agreements.
- Communicate with the Head of Customer Care to ensure all defects are dealt with by the appropriate personnel and in a cost effective manner.
- Utilise the IT system and associated reporting to manage resolution of defects and identify to the Head of Customer Care where performance is falling below expected levels.
- Liaise with the Commercial/Buying departments to order materials in accordance with arrangements made for defect resolution and complete contra-charges where applicable.
- Liaise with all other Departments to ensure Customer enquiries or concerns are addressed professionally and efficiently.
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
- Experience of working in a professional secretarial/administration role.
- Previous experience in a demanding and fast paced customer service environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with MS Office programs, with excellent keyboard skills.
- A strong team player, supportive of colleagues.
- Assertive, tenacious, with an ability to influence others and be resilient to challenging Customer demands.
- Self–disciplined, with excellent time management skills and the ability to coordinate a number of priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Professional, assertive and pleasant manner in dealing with internal and external customers and contacts.
What about the benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 9 public
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Choice of flexible benefits