The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
Controlling and organising all the Divisions adoptable works (I.e. roads, sewers and public open spaces), to the appropriate standard to allow them to be handed over to the adopting Authority in a timely manner in order to limit the Divisions liability and remedial costs.
- Ensuring all S38 and 104 Agreements are in place prior to our first legal completion, to avoid Purchaser retentions.
- Prioritising adoptions to ensure our Divisional Bond limit is not exceeded, and the overrun charges are kept below £2K per quarter.
- Organising and agreeing all necessary inspections, snagging lists, Contractors quotes and certification to enable the adoptions to commence.
- Organising handover meetings with Management Companies for their adoption of Resident landscaped areas.
- Building relationships with the relevant adopting Local Authority or Water company to ensure smooth timely commencement of the maintenance period, or agreeing as reduced maintenance period.
- Co-ordinating the duties of direct labour with day to day tasks.
- Following technical approvals – arrange the signing of Section Agreements.
- Road and Sewer meetings on site, resolve queries / issues relating to adoptable works.
- Manages remedials and final surfacing contractors.
- To procure service enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes.
- Service entry layout plans.
- Proposed services diversions and disconnections.
- Utilities surveys (if required).
- SHE Forms.
Personal characteristics/ qualifications and skills:
- Needs to be a good communicator at all levels (i.e. Site Contractors to Solicitors), organised, determined and thorough, with strong Technical knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal issues. An excellent negotiator, financially aware and personable.
What about the benefits package?
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holidays
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance