Our Finance teams, don’t just process numbers, it’s about collecting vital information which informs decisions and drives our business. As such, it’s at the heart of our commerciality.
We hold Finance in high regard as a pivotal driver in our continued success and performance, so if you enjoy working in a front-line, operational function where your work is highly valued and impacts visibly on our people and business, this could be your kind of place.
- Own & reconcile the bank account/ cash book, including writing and banking cheques
- Maintenance & reconciliation of petty cash
- Assist the Accountant/ Assistant Accountant reviewingsystems
- completion statements and ensure they reconcile to business
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Salary inputs expenses, mileage and commissions
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
- Monthly/Quarterly Annual Returns
- Assist in ad hoc projects, tasks and reports as and when required
- Ensure accurate accounting for VAT, subcontractors tax and CITB payments as appropriate
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possibly training for accounting qualification or wishing to commence studying
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Strong reconciliation, mathematical and organisational skills required