The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
- Provide architectural / engineering support and technical guidance for regional site based operations.
- Provide full administrative support to regional site based operations for working drawings, ancillary details and technical information.
- To co-ordinate and manage the issue of technical documentation.
- Coordination of drawing issues and the maintenance of an efficient file management system.
- Management and programming of all engineering design in accordance with local and national standards.
- Co-ordination and control of expenditure of external consultants.
- Management of conveyance plans and provision of site set-up information.
- Co-ordination of services infrastructure and negotiation of costs and agreements on schemes.
- Provide assistance and support in a timely manner to allow discharging of planning and building control.
- Comply with BDW rules and procedures.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Pre tender Health and Safety Information in accordance with the BDW SHE Manual and procedures.
- Manage the pre-distribution of information and taking of minutes from all meetings together with updated programmes / status reports
- Attendance at Site Meetings
- Must be able to manage external consultants and control external fees and expenditure.
- Coordination and checking of all technical information and distribution.
- The commissioning, co-ordination and checking of various specialist suppliers designs and integrate their requirements into the working drawing packages.
- Liaise with NHBC, resolving technical & design issues.
- To register, resolve and monitor where appropriate site queries from production management to enable progressive product development.
- Liaise with Regional Team’s in the production of layouts.
- Liaise with Design team to ensure coordination of Tender and Construction drawings
- Liaise with Sales & Marketing regarding site brochure production.
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions.
- Produce designs in agreed timescales to ensure regional forecasts are achieved.
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels internally within the group and externally with public bodies.
- Embrace innovative solutions to resolve technical and design issues.
- Should have a broad understanding of corporate vision and policies.
- Work with the project team to ensure the most desired and economical decisions are made and implemented into the design.
CDM and CPD
- Embrace Health and Safety.
- Discharge the designer’s responsibilities under CDM regulations.
- Must undertake continuous professional development.
Primary network: who you will work with
Divisional Department Heads, Site Based Staff
Government Departments, Regulatory Bodies, Adopting Authority, Statutory Undertakers, NHBC
HNC / HND
- Design and engineering construction knowledge
- Technical and Building Construction knowledge
- Building Regulations
- NHBC legislation
- Health & Safety / CDM Regulations
- Experience of coordinating, managing and providing technical guidance and support to residential developments.