Within the Construction environment, think about buying materials, managing big projects, ensuring health and safety and customer service.
At any given time, you’ll find us working on some circa 400 developments in both towns and rural areas across the UK, and every one poses unique challenges. Some are from scratch on brownfield sites; others see us adapting existing buildings, like old factories or disused hospitals. We need people who can bring us fresh ideas and imagination on one hand, and the commercial ability to manage people, budgets and costs on the other.
It is testament to the professionalism of our construction teams that for an unprecedented eleventh year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards than any other housebuilder.
Summary of the Role:
To ensure that all labouring tasks are completed to the highest standard and within the required timescales.
What will I be responsible for:
- To carry out all works on site as instructed by the Site Manager and in line with BDW Standards and procedures.
- To inspect all on-site signage including all large sale signs, plot signs, safety signs etc. and ensure that signs are always clean and in good repair.
- Take personal responsibility for health and safety on site and report any instances of breaches to the site manager.
- Ensure that all protection of fixed material is carried out by the Sub-contractor who fits it, in line with BDW procedures
- Ensure that protection of fixed material is maintained to the last possible moment and notify the Site Manager of anyone permanently removing or abusing the protective materials.
- Ensure compound and welfare facilities are maintained.
- Ensure all plots under construction are kept tidy by all trades.
- Walk round all plots under construction on a daily basis and ensure that there are no surplus materials lying about.
- To ensure all waste across the site is segregated and recycled following BDW group guidelines.
- Check show home gardens and public open spaces on a weekly basis and remove any item of rubbish which may have blown onto these areas.
Personal characteristics/qualifications and skills:
- Enthusiastic self-starter able to use initiative whilst working unsupervised.
- Experience of working on large volume domestic house building sites.
- Health and Safety Awareness.
- Must carry a current appropriate CSCS or partner scheme card.
What about the benefits package:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days holiday
- Choice of flexible benefits
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme