Our Finance teams, don’t just process numbers, it’s about collecting vital information which informs decisions and drives our business. As such, it’s at the heart of our commerciality.
We hold Finance in high regard as a pivotal driver in our continued success and performance, so if you enjoy working in a front-line, operational function where your work is highly valued and impacts visibly on our people and business, this could be your kind of place.
Purpose: To contribute to the overall success of the business, through supporting the Finance Director in the effective management of the JV Finance team, and in maintaining relationships with our joint venture partners.
- To be seen by our JV partners as the primary contact for all JV accounting matters
- Attend all JV management meetings, and deputise for the FD at any board meetings as required
- Review all JV board / management packs fully before final review by the Divisional Finance Director
- Manage the collation of the JV board / management reporting packs
- Manage any company secretarial requirements that may arise
- Manage the Project London banking facility until its expiry in June 2019
- Manage the preparation of the statutory accounts and tax returns for each JV entity
- Maintain a detailed land reconciliation for each JV development, including a monthly update of any overage amounts
- Maintain a detailed WIP reconciliation for each JV development
- Work with the commercial manager to maintain a robust WIP forecast for each JV development
- Maintain a schedule of land payments for each JV development
- Provide the Divisional Finance Director with a brief verbal and written monthly summary of each development
- Ensure that the Homebuilder system is accurate and up to date
- Provide input into the valuation process where necessary
- Attend each pre-valuation meeting
- Maintain an accurate provision schedule for completed developments, to show actual and forecast spend
- Maintain a detailed forecast of all JV management fees due to Barratt
- Maintain a robust overhead forecast for each JV
- Maintain a detailed forecast model for selling agent fees
- Maintain a detailed forecast model for all marketing costs, working in close conjunction with the Regional marketing team
Forecasting & Accounting
Through supervision of the JV accountants and the Financial Accountant:
- Maintain the forecast within the TM1 system for all aspects of each JV
- Maintain an accurate cash flow forecast for all JV’s
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure that the consolidated forecast for Barratt East London properly reflects the JV forecasts, and any inter-divisional transactions and balances
- Input into the divisional monthly flash reporting to group
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met, building in sufficient time for review by the Financial Controller and the Divisional Management team.
- Produce the monthly management accounts for each joint venture
- Ensure all monthly postings are robust, accurate and inclusive
- Produce the half yearly group reporting pack to the requisite standard
- Liaise with group finance to ensure that all accounting policies are properly implemented
- Support the Financial Controller with any ad-hoc activities required
- Support the Finance Director and Financial Controller in ensuring that the Finance team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department’s workload.
- Assist with appropriate reporting to the MD and Divisional Board in line with the standard format and schedule including assisting with the preparation of the Finance Board reports and with Divisional presentations
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
- A professionally qualified accountant with considerable post-qualification experience in a senior commercial accounting role, ideally within the house-building sector.
- A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business
- Ability to be the conscience of the Division and to provide appropriate challenge to ensure all financial controls are maintained.
- Highly numerate with strong IT and financial analysis skills, coupled with the ability to interpret data and assess impacts on the business.
- Experience of managing budgets/cost control, and planning and organising work to meet targets.
- Able and willing to contribute a professional opinion to the overall management of the business.
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A motivational team-leader focused on managing, coaching and developing the team to achieve their full potential.
Closing date is 7th January at 12pm.