The Commercial team deals with everything to do with cost-effective building, including quantity surveying, estimating, procurement and material buying.
With a watching brief on choice of material, cost, customer satisfaction and sales, and other critical issues, our Commercial team – which comprises Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and Material Buyers - has one objective: to deliver best quality homes, at the best possible cost. Their work is fundamental to our continued viability as a business and presents a fast-moving challenge that will exercise your creativity and commercial flair to the full.
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Coding Invoices
- Processing Payments (Invoice and Self-billing) including maintaining payment ledgers
- Raising Sub-contractor orders (including self-billing)
- Raising Withholding notices/Debit notes
- Processing Variation orders, Final accounts and Retention payments
- Assist the Commercial team with a variety of duties including Procurement, Health & Safety & Completed Development Provisions
- Work closely with Senior Team Members to ensure that relevant administrative tasks are dealt with efficiently
- Perform general departmental administration tasks as and when required
- Manage and maintain relevant filing systems and databases
- Liaise with internal and external customers/contacts to ensure smooth flow of information and work between the Department, Head Office and other internal/external departments and contacts
- Monitor costs incurred by the Department
- Ensure effective and efficient processing of documents through Company systems, working within set time frames
- Provide other appropriate ad-hoc duties and administrative support within the Division as and when required.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- Good Computer Skills – Microsoft Office, COINS experience preferable
- Likes working in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of working in an administration/secretarial role
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with MS Office programs and a good standard of written English and Coins
- Ability to generate professional correspondence unaided
- Self-disciplined, with demonstrably good time management skills and the ability to manage a number of priorities
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Team player - supportive of colleagues
- Professional and pleasant manner in dealing with internal and external customers
- Excellent telephone skills
WHAT ABOUT THE BENEFITS PACKAGE?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Choice of Flexible Benefits