A large and successful business, we’re committed to quality – not just in our homes, but also in the way we work together to deliver results. Join us, and you’ll enjoy both a professionally challenging mix of work and all the rewards of a fast-changing and successful business.
As Managing Director, your exceptional leadership and focus on the customer will ensure that you grow the business within the Division by increasing profitability and improving our reputation as a leading house builder. With full P&L accountability, you will prepare and implement a 3 year plan for your division, inspiring your board to achieve exceptional results through their people and proactively seeking opportunities for growth.
You must be comfortable with the diversity of the role, having gained experience in at least one of the relevant disciplines (Sales; Land; Construction; Development; Technical; Commercial; Finance), having worked for a volume house builder in a similar senior role.
With proven strategic and performance leadership capability, you are able to initiate and lead change, delivering tangible results and demonstrating resilience under pressure, whilst maintaining a consistent focus on delivery. In addition you will have an awareness of local business drivers/competition and issues facing the industry and an understanding of the impact of the local/national economic and political environment on business success
Summary of Role:
The position of Managing Director has overall responsibility to grow the business within the Division by increasing profitability and improving the Company’s reputation as a leading house builder.
- Prepare and implement a Growth Plan (3 years) for the Division.
- Lead and take responsibility for the attainment of KPI’s in relation to: profit before tax; land banking; house build operating margin; planning approvals; legal completions; average selling price.
- Effectively manage and monitor performance within the Division, and report as appropriate to the Regional Managing Director and the Divisional Board in line with the standard format and schedule.
- Design and implement a PR Strategy within the parameters set by the Group/Regional MD.
- Identify and resolve strategic, or significant issues, as they arise in the Division, and proactively seek out opportunities for Divisional growth.
- Champion a focus on Customer Care that enhances the reputation of the Company and increases profitability; ensure that the Division positively contributes to reaching the standards/targets set by the Group.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety issues in accordance with the Group’s Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Ensure the Divisional team are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the Division’s workload.
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
- A successful track record in similar senior role within the industry or a major blue-chip company, with experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Sales; Construction; Development; Technical Services; Finance.
- Awareness of local business drivers/competition and issues facing the industry; understanding of the impact of the local/national economic and political environment on business success.
- Highly numerate, with the ability to interpret and utilise economic, financial and industry data.
- Proven strategic and performance leadership capability; able to initiate and lead change; delivers tangible results; demonstrates toughness under pressure and a competitive spirit.
- Communicates with impact and clarity; builds effective and supportive working relationships.
- A strong people leader; involves and empowers others; coaches and mentors within and outside of own team; invests in own development.
What About the Benefits Package?
- Competitive base salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance – Family Cover
- Annual Medical Assessment
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Choice of Flexible Benefits