The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
Purpose: As a key member of the Technical Team, you will be responsible for delivering the final adoption of infrastructure and open spaces for residential developments.
Responsible to: Engineering Manager/Senior Engineer
- Secure maintenance and final adoption certificates for all development infrastructure, (e.g. S104, S185, S38, S278, etc.), and POS/play areas.
- Manage site infrastructure and POS/play areas until final adoption.
- Manage POS/play areas to comply with company and legal requirements.
- Issue engineering information to Commercial and Construction departments at works tender and construction stages.
- Assist Commercial in preparing works tenders including the H&S pack; review successful Contractors RAMS before works commence on site.
- Prepare the final H&S File for completed adoptable infrastructure works for each adopting authority or Management Company.
- Manage, monitor and report on the roads and sewer Bonds Value Schedule.
- Manage, monitor and claim BT completion rebates.
- In conjunction with the Commercial team; manage, forecast and monitor budgets for Completed Development Provisions Budget; attend quarterly valuation meetings.
- Complete negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies and utility undertakers on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues.
- Provide support to customer services co-ordinators in relation to customer queries.
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in an engineering related discipline with a minimum 5 years post qualification experience in a construction related environment.
- The role requires professional and effective communication with external bodies, contractors and internal teams. You will be required to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative to set/agree objectives and deadlines within budget.
- Computer literate with experience of standard software packages including Excel and AutoCAD desirable but not essential.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Bonus scheme
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Car or cash allowance
- Flexible benefits