Supporting the business and our divisional offices, our Head Office functions cover all departments from our Executive Board through to our support functions such as Group Design & Technical, HR, Health & Safety, IT, Sales & Marketing, Commercial, Procurement, Group Finance, Corporate Affairs, as well as Legal and Company Secretariat. We also have a specialised function - Barratt Partnerships.
While the work varies from team to team, our key requirements don’t. You must be well organised, extremely helpful and resourceful, and able to use your initiative. You’ll understand that what you do is important, and impacts on your team, the department, and the wider business.
Summary of the Role:
To support the Barratt Partnerships team in the identification and successful delivery of public sector land bids and partnering opportunities.
What Will I Be Responsible For?
- Manage and support high quality and winning bids for public sector land opportunities
- Collate and co-ordinate information relevant to the bidding process from divisions, consultants and Group
- Manage and contribute to the graphic design and production of bid sections/submissions
- Take responsibility for drafting and editing copy and co-ordinating contributions from bid team members
- Undertake research as required to support the bidding process
- Fully engage in and contribute to Barratt Partnership’s bid management processes and procedures
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with bid team members and internal/external stakeholders
- Track public land opportunities in line with Barratt Partnerships’ business development process
- Identify relevant OJEU notices and public land opportunities for discussion with the Barratt Partnerships team
- Undertake background research on future opportunities and prepare and support soft market testing responses
- Support and contribute to Group initiatives and the work of other Group support teams, e.g. Corporate Sustainability
- Take an active role in Barratt Partnerships’ Business Development activities and competitor analysis process
- Establish and maintain a good working knowledge of Government Policy, Group Policy and public land initiatives
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of reports on public land issues for internal and external circulation
- Contribute to the development of Barratt Partnerships’ Bid Library and marketing material
Personal Characteristics and Experience:
- Experience in project management or bidding gained in a housing, development, construction, consultancy or similar role is desirable.
- Degree level education, membership of a relevant professional body would be welcomed but is not essential
- Strong written skills with proven ability to draft and edit quality documents for internal and external use
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to gather, interpret and present qualitative and quantitative data.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of housing, public land/development, bid management and relevant Government initiatives.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise work in a busy team working to tight timescales
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and able to work both as part of a team and on own initiative.
- High level of IT literacy
What about the Benefits Package?
- Competitive base salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday with additional days accrued with length of service
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Life cover
- Choice of Flexible Benefits