Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire
Hours of Work
42.5hr per week
31 December 2018
Within the Construction environment, think about buying materials, managing big projects, ensuring health and safety and customer service.
At any given time, you’ll find us working on some circa 400 developments in both towns and rural areas across the UK, and every one poses unique challenges. Some are from scratch on brownfield sites; others see us adapting existing buildings, like old factories or disused hospitals. We need people who can bring us fresh ideas and imagination on one hand, and the commercial ability to manage people, budgets and costs on the other.
It is testament to the professionalism of our construction teams that for an unprecedented eleventh year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards than any other housebuilder.
1. Regularly communicate with Site Manager to keep up to date with any changes to the construction programme.
2. Advise Site Manager of any shortages of blocks and bricks and level of silo mix so that the build programme is not delayed due to material shortage.
3. To ensure all deliveries are checked for quality and the correct quantity when delivered and record any defective or short deliveries in conjunction with Materials Controller where applicable.
4. All materials must be stored correctly in the store areas supplied. (Please see standard Compound set up).
5. To ensure that any waste materials are loaded into the correct site skips so the waste control can be managed.
6. To advise the Site Manager/Assistant Site Manager of any defective/damaged materials when collecting or loading out of materials.
7. To ensure that the forklift is inspected daily for maintenance purposes and weekly inspections are recorded in the Plant Register.
8. To ensure the forklift is clean and roadworthy at all times.
9. Any plant attachments i.e road brush are inspected on a weekly basis and recorded in the Plant Register.
10. To ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
11. To ensure that all materials loaded out on platforms allow for the loading bay gates to be closed at all times.
12. You may be required to carry out labouring duties as and when required.
Forklift Driver - £13.80 p/hour
Valid CPCS Card
Labourer - £10.50 p/hour
Valid CSCS Card
WHAT ABOUT THE BENEFITS PACKAGE?
Competitive base weekly wage