Within the Construction environment, think about buying materials, managing big projects, ensuring health and safety and customer service.
At any given time, you’ll find us working on some circa 400 developments in both towns and rural areas across the UK, and every one poses unique challenges. Some are from scratch on brownfield sites; others see us adapting existing buildings, like old factories or disused hospitals. We need people who can bring us fresh ideas and imagination on one hand, and the commercial ability to manage people, budgets and costs on the other.
It is testament to the professionalism of our construction teams that for an unprecedented eleventh year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards than any other housebuilder.
To lead and take responsibility for the Construction process and team by building to programme, quality and cost targets set by the Group; ensuring that Customer Service and Health & Safety is incorporated into every aspect of the process.
- Manage the development of sites, in accordance with the specifications, programme and number of legal completions agreed by the Divisional Board; ensuring that best practice is followed, costs are controlled, and the department maximises revenue generation and contribution to the company's operating profit.
- Champion Customer Service within the Division; implement the Group's Customer Service policies and procedures and develop quality assurance standards. Ensure that Customer satisfaction targets are met and deal with all customer related issues which have not been resolved through the Customer Service Team.
- In conjunction with the MD, agree direction of build and locations for compounds and storage, and produce build programmes. Monitor and review in conjunction with Construction / Contracts Managers to ensure adherence to programme.
- Liaise with the Sales Director to ensure up to date understanding of sales exchange and completion targets in order to ensure the build programme optimises revenue generation for each development.
- Liaise with the Commercial Director regarding the appointment of suitable sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resource and expertise to achieve required quality standards within agreed timescales.
- Comply with the responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health and Safety policy in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure the Construction team are fully resources and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department's workload.
- Appropriate reporting to the MD and Divisional Board in line with the standard format and schedule.
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
We are looking for the following personal characteristics / qualifications & skills
- Proven track record in a similar role or at the level of Construction or Contracts Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
- Experience of managing budgets/cost control, and planning, prioritising and organising work to meet targets and changing business needs.
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A lateral and innovative thinker, an original problem-solver.
- A motivational team-leader focused on managing, coaching and developing the Construction team to achieve their full potential.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care.
What About the Benefits Package?
Company car or car allowance
Private Medical Insurance
25 days holidays