The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
To ensure that all information is available to the Construction and other departments to suit the project programme. To liaise with and advise other departments on technical and interface matters and to provide back-up and information flow. To coordinate all technical information on projects from inception to completion.
What will I be responsible for:
- Brief, manage and drive the external consultants in the preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme, fee and scope.
- Prepare technical specifications in line with requirements determined by the Land Acquisition budget and Technical/Sales meetings.
- Prepare the Design Programme and present it at the Progression meetings.
- Ensure all statutory enquiries, crossovers, sewer connections and other section agreements are submitted and pursued for their timely return.
- Oversee the NHBC/Building Regulations applications to approval.
- Ensure that working drawings are in accordance with the approved planning Scheme, and ensure discharge of planning conditions.
- To monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the Development Estimator to ensure tight cost controls are kept and information produced in line with budget estimates.
- Monitor and control the Professional Fees budget and update fee reports on monthly basis for incorporation into the Board Pack report.
- Oversee preparation of Brochure Plans, Conveyance Plans and sales area drawings.
- Attend site progress meetings and carry out site inspection.
- Attend meetings at various stages of projects (Land/Technical hand-over, Project Meeting, Optimisation, Progression, Technical/Sales, Budget Meetings, etc.)
- General liaison and coordination between other parties, both internal and external.
- Attend Subcontractor interviews.
- Respond to site queries and resolve Technical/Construction problems.
- Issuing drawings and information for construction purposes.
Personal characteristics/ qualifications and skills:
- Qualified as a Civil / Building Engineer or at a Construction related degree level or HNC/HND in a built environment subject with relevant experience.
- A working knowledge of both house and flat construction, Building Regulations, NHBC, Party Wall Awards and associated legislation connected with the construction industry.
- The ability to get on with people together with communication, meeting and management skills essential in dealing with multidiscipline teams.
- The ability to recognise problems and deal with them in a speedy and effective manner.
What about the benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Flexible Benefits
- 25 days holiday