Depending on the role, the Administration function could be supporting professionals out in the field, or supplying sites and customers with a steady flow of information. You might be dealing with customer queries, or helping employees with issues. But while the work varies from team to team, our key requirements don’t; you must be well organised, extremely helpful and resourceful, and able to use your initiative. You’ll understand that what you do is important, and impacts on your team, the department, and the wider business.
Support the Managing Director by taking responsibility for the day to day running of assigned functions working closely with Divisional Directors to ensure targets are achieved. In addition, to support the development of the high potential individual in the role, who is recognised on the Group Succession Plan as potential for MO in 12-18 months, or is an external candidate having completed the 12 month Fast Track MD Development Programme.
What will I be responsible for:
- Take ownership of and drive own specific personal development plan, which contains defined actions to develop capability to undertake MD role within timescales identified on Group Succession Plan. The job holder will ensure he/she completes the Development Programme designed to support the role.
- Assume day to day responsibility for a number of specific functions as agreed with Managing Director to support achievement of business goals within the division and the development of the incumbent, taking into account their specific development needs.
- Working with the MD, support the preparation and implementation of a Growth Plan (3 years) And Budget for the Division to develop a full understanding of the process and implications of decisions.
- Identify and resolve strategic or significant issues as they arise in the Division, and proactively seek out opportunities for Divisional growth, making suggestions to the MD and implementing agreed actions.
- Shadow the MD in developing local alliances and partnerships in order to create opportunities and seek advantage for the business.
- Champion a focus on Customer Care that enhances the reputation of the Company and increases profitability; ensure that the Division positively contributes to reaching the standards/targets set by the Group.
- For assigned disciplines, recruit, train, develop and lead divisional directors, ensuring robust succession plans are in place and that individual/team performance are managed effectively to deliver results.
- Contribute to the succession planning process for the entire division, supporting discussions and actions relating to the divisional succession plan.
- Overseeing the Division's Graduate Programme, ensuring that rotations are taking place at the right time and that there is an effective review process in place.
- Attend weekly FTO visits to ensure correct procedures are being followed and to make sure the site is being supported by the office support teams.
- Undertake any other specific responsibilities to support business need/personal development such (as leading on regional or contributing to group wide projects, negotiating and overseeing the sale of any Commercial Properties, Housing Association Plots and Freehold Reservations, Land Acquisitions/LDLG process.
- Deputise for the Managing Director in their absence, attending board/management meetings and making decisions around day to day operation of division.
- Overseeing any litigation, agreeing a course of action with the solicitors and making sure that any necessary documentation/information is being provided.
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
Personal characteristics/qualifications and skills:
- Extensive experience of the business which will necessarily include a detailed knowledge of the Group's reporting requirements and a clear understanding of the policies/procedures.
- Self-confident with the ability to understand problems/issues and to make decisions.
- Ability to prioritise work and where to focus the effort at any particular time.
- Strong focus on own personal and career development.
- Tenacious and resilient, with ability to forge effective working relationships with MO and Divisional Board.
- Recognised as high performer, detailed on succession plan as having potential for Managing Director within 12-18 months.
- Reasonable level of personal mobility expected, prepared to work in all divisions within at least 2 Regions.
- Role models positive behaviours and effective leadership at all times, supports ethos of cabinet responsibility.
What about the benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- 25 days holiday