Supporting the business and our divisional offices, our Head Office functions cover all departments from our Executive Board through to our support functions such as Group Design & Technical, HR, Health & Safety, IT, Sales & Marketing, Commercial, Procurement, Group Finance, Corporate Affairs, as well as Legal and Company Secretariat. We also have a specialised function - Barratt Partnerships.
While the work varies from team to team, our key requirements don’t. You must be well organised, extremely helpful and resourceful, and able to use your initiative. You’ll understand that what you do is important, and impacts on your team, the department, and the wider business.
Summary of the Role:
To support the business requirements for the provision of system testing services. To support
Business-related test activity, in terms of communications to and from the business test representatives and ensuring through the Test Manager that key test issues are managed or escalated as necessary.
- Full responsibility and ownership for three core bespoke applications within the Barratt suite. Including requirement assessment, defining/executing test scenarios and reporting on test status.
- Plan tests for the three core applications, working with the Business Owner and Development to identify and capture test cases. Tests to be assessed and signed off by the Test Manager, Project Manager and Business Owner.
- Prepare project test documentation and test data ready for the execution of use cases on both the System Test and UAT environments.
- Execute test cases and work alongside the business UAT function for verification.
- Competent at writing and executing SQL to assess data status within the Database.
- Organise and confirm the setup of the test environments, compiling and validating test data.
- Co-ordinate/perform re-testing of defects and issues either through ‘at desk’ or re-tests by business test representatives.
- Prepare and maintain activity schedules, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts.
- A full understanding of the software development life cycle and ability to understand the business approach for the product.
- Analytical skills.
- Decision making ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team as well as an individual
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain deadlines
- Proficient in writing and executing SQL
- Proven experience of testing and International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) or equivalent, or comprehensive testing experience
What About the Benefits Package?
- Competitive base salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 days’ holiday with service accrual after 3 years
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Life cover
- Choice of Flexible Benefits