The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Responsible for assisting the Engineering Team overseeing the design of infrastructure and groundwork’s packages for residential developments.
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- To procure services records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes.
- To assist the engineering team with the procurement, design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 agreements.
- Assisting the Engineering function to secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme.
- Working with the Engineering team to obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components.
- To maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant’s designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in value Engineering.
- Liaise with other Technical Team members and others as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions.
- Educated to HNC/HND level in an Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to communicate confidentially with external bodies, including sewerage undertakers and highway authorities.
- Ability to co-ordinator with all members of the design team to ensure programmes are achieved.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
- Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Computer literate, experience of using design software packages such as PDS or Microdrainage desirable although not essential.
WHAT ABOUT THE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme