The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
To coordinate the needs of the technical team with regards to all technical, engineering and architectural aspects of the business from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions.
- To assist in the supervision of Structural & Civil Engineers, M&E Engineers and Architects and to ensure all relevant information is provided at various stages in the development.
- Supply all service providers with appropriate information to allow them to produce quotations and proposed layouts.
- Assist in the preparation of plans, and issue to solicitors and all other relevant parties.
- Manage technical information, and issue to all relevant parties. Keep up to date Registers to reflect current revisions.
- Attend Pre-Start meetings, and ensure handover of all information to Construction for Site Start.
- Attend Site Meetings regularly with Project Managers / Engineers / Architects and Site Staff to review design aspects of the development.
- General office administration and liaison with other Divisional Departments as required.
Personal Characteristics, Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
- Educated to ONC/HNC in a Built Environment subject, or Under Graduate level.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical.
- Self–disciplined, with demonstrably good time management skills and the ability to manage a number of priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Team player, supportive of colleagues
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits