Our Finance teams, don’t just process numbers, it’s about collecting vital information which informs decisions and drives our business. As such, it’s at the heart of our commerciality.
We hold Finance in high regard as a pivotal driver in our continued success and performance, so if you enjoy working in a front-line, operational function where your work is highly valued and impacts visibly on our people and business, this could be your kind of place.
Summary of the Role:
To contribute to the overall success of the business, through supporting the Finance Director in the effective management of the Finance team.
What will I be responsible for:
- Support the Finance Director in ensuring that the Finance team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department’s workload.
- Provide cover to the Finance Director in their absence ensuring efficient and smooth running of the department.
- Assist with accurate and robust monthly forecasting and preparation of the Divisional three/ five-year business plan in line with Regional/ Group requirements.
- Take part in surveying/ valuation meetings and provide appropriate level of challenge.
- Assist as required with financial management and reporting.
- Support payment and payroll processing to ensure an accurate and timely service, using the Group systems.
- Identify and ensure the resolution of issues that have significant impact on the Division.
- Ensure Division systems reflect latest information (such as completions forecast reflects latest build programme/ sales status).
- Ensure adherence with the Group Accounts Manual as regards Cash Management; operate and control all activities within the cash budgets.
- Assist with appropriate reporting to the MD and Divisional Board in line with the standard format and schedule including assisting with the preparation of the Finance Board reports and with Divisional presentations.
- Complete ad hoc divisional and out of departments projects as necessary.
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
Personal characteristics/ qualifications and skills:
- A professionally qualified accountant with considerable post-qualification experience in a senior commercial accounting role, ideally within the house-building sector.
- A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business.
- Ability to be the conscience of the Division and to provide appropriate challenge to ensure all financial controls are maintained.
- Highly numerate with strong IT and financial analysis skills, coupled with the ability to interpret data and assess impacts on the business.
- Experience of managing budgets/cost control, and planning and organising work to meet targets.
- Able and willing to contribute a professional opinion to the overall management of the business.
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A motivational team-leader focused on managing, coaching and developing the team to achieve their full potential.
What about the benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Flexible Benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance