Our Marketing Teams are responsible for developing and delivering all marketing activity across the business in support of our sales objectives. Our teams plan and design targeted integrated marketing campaigns through online and offline channels in line with our strategic marketing plan and budgets.
In terms of variety, there is plenty to keep you motivated and challenged. Depending on the role there's opportunities to be responsible for planning and managing campaigns for new and existing developments, working with key agencies to deliver media plans and marketing collateral, completing competitor analysis and market research, liaising with PR agencies, managing web content, and, of course, measuring the effectiveness of all marketing activities.
Joining one of the UK’s most successful homebuilders as a Marketing Manager for our division in Southampton, you will lead a small team working across two brands, Barratt Homes and David Wilson Homes, and will be responsible for planning and implementing all the development level marketing campaigns for the division. Reporting to the Sales Director, you will ensure the performance of our website is maximised at all times with high quality, up to date content, utilising a range of data sources to analyse and measure the performance of all campaigns and drive continuous improvement, whilst delivering strong CRM campaigns. You will build strong agency relationships, ensuring campaigns are delivered on time, delivering a consistent approach to core marketing processes and activities whilst participating in the planning and implementation of new development launches. Candidates for this role will be educated to degree level, ideally in marketing or related subject with the ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of marketing. With previous experience in a B2C marketing role, you will have the ability to plan campaigns, working across a range of channels with the aptitude to manage multiple agencies and stakeholders. With the confidence to build strong relationships, you will be willing to embrace change and adapt to new ways of working with a high level of attention to detail and strong customer focus. As a leading homebuilder, Barratt Developments are creating communities where people aspire to live. We’re also creating a culture where people want to work, offering involvement, recognition and first-class benefits. Together with our people, we’re building a stronger future. Join us, and share the rewards. Responsible for leading and managing the divisional marketing function with line management responsibility for Marketing Exec.
Reports to Sales Director with dotted line to Regional Marketing Manager
• Lead the divisional marketing function, developing and implementing best in class marketing practices based on a solid understanding of the principles of marketing.
• Drive the efficiency and capability of the marketing function, utilising coaching and management skills to develop and manage marketing executive
• Lead the creation and maintenance of a best in class three-month rolling divisional marketing activity plan in consultation with Sales Director, RMM and external agencies
• Utilise market data and insight to develop & deliver site specific marketing plans to time and budget and in consultation with sales teams, suppliers and other key stakeholders
• Utilise external and internal data sources to analyse and measure the performance of all campaigns, reporting on overall divisional performance and driving continuous improvement
• Maximise website effectiveness by driving continuous improvement and delivering new/improved functionality in line with group guidelines
• Develop and deliver first class digital and CRM campaigns as part of integrated marketing approach, analysing performance and driving continuous improvement
• Build strong agency relationships and utilise agency systems, data and expertise to deliver increasingly effective media plans
• Manage, monitor & report on divisional marketing budget, ensuring that all costs are monitored and approved
• Ensure that all collateral is proof read, approved and of the highest standard
• Ensure marketing plans are aligned to group activity and delivered with consistency of message and adherence to group guidelines, systems and processes
• Work with RMM to deliver a consistent approach to core marketing processes and activities and deliver regional marketing initiatives and projects
• Develop and maintain workflow links and relationships with key stakeholders i.e. Sales team, approved agencies, Regional Marketing Manager, Technical team
• Contribute to best practice and knowledge management initiatives and test new integrated marketing activities, participating in Group trials as required
• Proactively identify opportunities and present proposals for improved marketing effectiveness at divisional and regional marketing forums
• Lead monthly marketing meetings and participate in regional marketing meeting/calls Who are we looking for?
• Qualifications & Experience:
o Educated to degree level preferably in Marketing or related subject and able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of Marketing.
o Previous experience in a B2C Marketing role and ideally with some people management experience.
o Experience of campaign planning and working across a range of channels including digital and more traditional offline channels.
o The ability to manage multiple agencies and stakeholders.
o Highly pro-active with strong organisational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
o High level of IT literacy with strong excel skills and the ability to learn a range of different IT systems
o High level of attention to detail and a strong customer focus
o Analytical thinking with the ability to use data to drive continuous improvement
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
o Willingness to embrace change and adapt to new ways of working
o Able to build strong relationships with internal colleagues and external agencies
o Highly collaborative with willingness to share and learn from others
What About the Benefits?
Competitive Base Salary
25 Days Holiday
Choice of Flexible Benefits
Money Purchase Pension Scheme