Within the Construction environment, think about buying materials, managing big projects, ensuring health and safety and customer service.
At any given time, you’ll find us working on some circa 400 developments in both towns and rural areas across the UK, and every one poses unique challenges. Some are from scratch on brownfield sites; others see us adapting existing buildings, like old factories or disused hospitals. We need people who can bring us fresh ideas and imagination on one hand, and the commercial ability to manage people, budgets and costs on the other.
It is testament to the professionalism of our construction teams that for an unprecedented eleventh year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards than any other housebuilder.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
To manage the development of the site through to completion, ensuring that Programme, Quality and Cost targets are achieved in accordance with the build programme, through the effective management of the Site team and subcontractors.
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, co-ordinate trades, direct labour and materials to meet the production programme; maintain the optimum level of material on site to ensure that the site team is fully and effectively employed.
- Ensure that all units are produced to a consistently high standard of quality, so as to comply with NHBC requirements and the Building Regulations.
- Monitor Quality Control procedures and Customer Service procedures, and ensure that any customer complaints during the production cycle are promptly and properly investigated, with action taken to remedy defects and prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and control the cost of production, and approve payments to sub-contractors.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety and other relevant legislation, and accompany any authorised person connected with Health and Safety at Work or other relevant legislation in inspections of the site.
- Initiate and attend inspections by the Local Building Inspector or the NHBC under the Building Regulations.
- Liaise with internal colleagues/Line Managers, and external suppliers and contacts as required in order to ensure the build programme is achieved.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure that regular Sales/Build meetings are attended, all Sales/Build procedures in the company “blue books” are adhered to, and inspections of all show homes are carried out.
- Carry out familiarisation inspections (New Home Tours) with the Sales Negotiator and customer, and ensure that any remedial work is completed prior to occupation.
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure that the on-site Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site’s workload and resources.
- Extensive experience of working within established build programs.
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
- Assertive to ensure delivery of targets by on-site team and trades/labour.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs, demonstrates strong problem-solving ability.
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management or a time served tradesman with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care.
WHAT ABOUT THE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance