This team is responsible for identifying and sourcing the best locations for new developments. It’s fast moving and, in today’s climate, extremely competitive and commercial in its focus.
While we need to be commercial and competitive in bidding for sought after land, we also need to be imaginative in identifying other possibilities – such as land that currently doesn’t have planning permission. It’s a complex area of our work, and one that’s under intense commercial scrutiny and pressure. It’s also the lifeblood of our business, which makes this team’s work even more vital and far-reaching. Entrepreneurial and imaginative in your thinking, you’ll need to be a good assessor of risks, and an even better relationship builder.
- Support the Land Managers in the identification and acquisition of sites, assisting in project acquisition from identification, diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning to pre-start on the sites acquired.
- Research and provide appropriate information to Land team on potential development opportunities.
- Support the Land Manager with the process of management of acquisition of sites
- Maintenance and expansion of the Division’s key contact base, e.g. land agents, land owners ensuring data held is up to date.
- Assist the Development Director/Managers on major projects and with other relevant duties as required.
- Produce professional land packs, ensure accurate bids are placed for land in a timely manner.
- Undertake community engagements as necessary.
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
Personal Characteristics/Qualifications and skills
- Familiar with all aspects of land purchase (maximization of offer, market research, technical, commercial disciplines) - sales, commercial, technical, design, legal aspects.
- Sound geographical knowledge of the area.
- Able to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects.
- Articulate, clear and credible, and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people, engender rapport and trust, and develop and maintain key contacts.
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and professional networker.
- An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue potential development opportunities.