Within the Construction environment, think about buying materials, managing big projects, ensuring health and safety and customer service.
At any given time, you’ll find us working on some circa 400 developments in both towns and rural areas across the UK, and every one poses unique challenges. Some are from scratch on brownfield sites; others see us adapting existing buildings, like old factories or disused hospitals. We need people who can bring us fresh ideas and imagination on one hand, and the commercial ability to manage people, budgets and costs on the other.
It is testament to the professionalism of our construction teams that for an unprecedented eleventh year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards than any other housebuilder.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
To manage the development of the site through to completion, ensuring that Programme, Quality and Cost targets are achieved in accordance with the build programme, through the effective management of the Site team and subcontractors
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, co-ordinate trades, direct labour and material on site to meet the production programme; maintain the optimum level of material on site to ensure the site team is fully and effectively employed.
- Ensure that all units are produced to a consistently high standard of quality so as to comply with NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
- Monitor Quality control procedures and Customer Service procedures and ensure that any customer complaints during the production cycle are promptly investigated, with action taken to remedy defects and prevent reoccurrence.
- Monitor and control the cost of production and approve payments to subcontractors
- Ensure compliance of all Health and Safety and other related legislation
- Initiate and attend inspections by the Local Building Inspector or the NHBC
- Liaise with internal colleagues/Line managers and external suppliers etc as required in order to ensure the build programme is achieved.
- Work with the Sales Team, ensure that regular Sales/Build meetings are attended, all Sales/Build procedures in the company "blue books" are adhered to, and inspections of all show homes are carried out.
- Carry out New Home Tours with the Sales Negotiator and customer
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure the onsite Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with the full support in achieving these in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site's workload and resources.
WHAT ABOUT THE BENEFITS?
- Competitive salary
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Performance based Bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employee benefits