The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
You will be an excellent communicator, with high detail orientation, able to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs and have a good knowledge/understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical. Delivering project layouts on time, assisting in the preparation of working and planning drawings, and being the first point of contact for any queries from the site team.
You will ensure that all information is available to Construction and other departments to suit the project programme, and liaise with and advise other departments on technical and interface matters and provide back up and information flow.
You will be able to coordinate all technical information on projects from inception to completion.
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Produce planning & working drawings and detail for new house types
- Update/revise existing house types as required
- Oversee preparation of the optimisation plans through to approval
- Brief, manage and drive the external consultants in preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme, fee and scope
- Prepare technical specifications in line with requirements determined by the Land Acquisition budget and Technical /Sales Meetings
- Oversee the NHBC/Building Regulations applications to approval
- Ensure that working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme, and ensure discharge of planning conditions
- Oversee preparation of Conveyance Plans and Sales Arena drawings
- Attend site progress meetings and carry out site inspections
- Attend meetings at various stages of projects (Land/Technical hand-over, Project Meetings, Optimisation, Progression, Technical/Sales, Budget Meetings etc)
- Initial layout/sketch for site viability to a mix & brief provided by the management team would be an advantage
- General liaison and coordination between other parties, both internal and external
- Respond to site queries and resolve Technical/Construction problems
- Issue drawings and information for construction purposes
- Ensure current drawings are filed in order
KEY SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team, both within the department and the wider business unit.
- A good Technical knowledge of current Building Regulations, NHBC, Party Wall and associated legislation connected with the constructions industry
- Time management skills are an essential requirement to manage a number of priorities and changes to meet business needs.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD is vital and the ability to use Revit would be of benefit
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of problem solving abilities and be detail orientated to produce and co-ordinate high quality drawing information in a speedy and effective manner
- Good technical knowledge of both house and apartment construction, together with a degree of flair for design
- Customer focused
- Commercially aware
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- 25 Days holiday + public holidays
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits