Our Finance teams, don’t just process numbers, it’s about collecting vital information which informs decisions and drives our business. As such, it’s at the heart of our commerciality.
We hold Finance in high regard as a pivotal driver in our continued success and performance, so if you enjoy working in a front-line, operational function where your work is highly valued and impacts visibly on our people and business, this could be your kind of place.
Purpose: To contribute to the overall success of the business, through supporting the Finance Director in the effective management of the Finance team.
- Maintain a detailed land reconciliation for each development, including a monthly update of any overage amounts
- Maintain a detailed WIP reconciliation for each development
- Work with the commercial manager to maintain a robust WIP forecast for each development
- Maintain a schedule of land payments for each development
- Provide the Divisional Finance Director with a brief verbal and written monthly summary of each development
- Ensure that the Homebuilder system is accurate and up to date
- Provide input into the valuation process where necessary
- Attend each pre-valuation meeting
- Maintain an accurate provision schedule for completed developments, to show actual and forecast spend
- Maintain a robust people cost forecast model in excel, which accurately reflects the recharges needed to WIP
- Maintain a schedule of charge out rates for people
- Maintain a forecast for any remaining admin overheads
- Ensure that WIP recharges are appropriately posted each month
- Maintain a people model for the sales staff
- Maintain a detailed forecast model for selling agent fees
- Maintain a detailed forecast model for all marketing costs, working in close conjunction with the Regional marketing team
- Produce a monthly commentary on any overhead variances, drawing on input from the JV Finance Manager
- Work with the Divisional Finance Director to identify potential areas of cost savings within the overhead
Forecasting & Accounting
- Through supervision of the management accountant:
- Maintain the forecast within the TM1 system for all aspects of co 32.
- Review the consolidated TM1 forecast position for Barratt East London, working closely with the JV Finance Manager to achieve this.
- Produce the divisional monthly flash reporting to group
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met, building in sufficient time for review by the Financial Controller and the Divisional Management team.
- Produce the monthly management accounts for co 32
- Ensure all monthly postings are robust, accurate and inclusive
- Produce the half yearly group reporting pack to the requisite standard
- Liaise with group finance to ensure that all accounting policies are properly implemented
- Provide input into any land bids as required
- Update the viability reporting as required
- Update the home builder system for any land purchased
- Maintain an accurate cash flow forecast for co 32 and the division
- Maintain the 6-week cash flow
- Liaise with group treasury in respect of the maintenance of all banking mandates and arrangements
- Manage all payments
- Support the Financial Controller with any ad-hoc activities required
- Supervise the Payroll accountant
- Review the output from the payroll accountant prior to review by the Financial Controller
- Supervise the Regional accountant in any non-regional activities that they may undertake
- Support the Finance Director and Financial Controller in ensuring that the Finance team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department’s workload.
- Assist with appropriate reporting to the MD and Divisional Board in line with the standard format and schedule including assisting with the preparation of the Finance Board reports and with Divisional presentations
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
- A professionally qualified accountant with considerable post-qualification experience in a senior commercial accounting role, ideally within the house-building sector.
- A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business
- Ability to be the conscience of the Division and to provide appropriate challenge to ensure all financial controls are maintained.
- Highly numerate with strong IT and financial analysis skills, coupled with the ability to interpret data and assess impacts on the business.
- Experience of managing budgets/cost control, and planning and organising work to meet targets.
- Able and willing to contribute a professional opinion to the overall management of the business.
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A motivational team-leader focused on managing, coaching and developing the team to achieve their full potential.
Closing date is Monday 7th January 2018 at 12pm.