7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver - Batleys Birmingham
At Batleys, we currently have an opportunity for a Delivery Driver (Category C1 – 7.5 Tonne) to join the team at our Birmingham branch:
You’ll be delivering to a wide variety of independent retailers within the local area ensuring that they receive their orders in a timely manner and experience fantastic customer service.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Working with the depot team to ensure all orders loaded for delivery are correct
- Complete multi-drop deliveries within the local area and within specified timeframes on a daily basis
- Manual handling of stock on and off your vehicle
- Ensure all deliveries are received correctly and payment is received
- Ensure accurate recording of paperwork
- Provide the highest quality of service to our customers at all times
We’re looking for someone with:-
- A category LGV C1 driving licence
- A driver DQC – Driver Qualification Card
- Their own tacho smartcard in order to drive commercially
- Experience in multi drop driving
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work effectively and independently under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working hours as delivery round times may vary with workload
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Initiative along with a willingness to learn and develop their skills
- Drive and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment
Please note - This role involves the movement and handling of a large amount of stock which is physically demanding.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive hourly rate, annual leave and pension.
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- Salary: £9.99 per hour
- Rate of pay: Hourly
- Hours of work: 42 hours per week
- Shift: Monday to Friday