7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver
retailers build their businesses.
We currently have an opportunity for a Delivery Driver (Category C1 – 7.5 Tonne) to join the team at our Aberdeen branch:
Bridge of Don,
You’ll be delivering to a wide variety of independent retailers within the local area ensuring that they receive their orders in a timely manner and experience fantastic customer service.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Working with the depot team to ensure all orders loaded for delivery are correct
- Complete multi-drop deliveries within the local area and within specified timeframes on a daily basis
- Manual handling of stock on and off your vehicle
- Ensure all deliveries are received correctly and payment is received
- Ensure accurate recording of paperwork
- Provide the highest quality of service to our customers at all times
We’re looking for someone with:-
- A category LGV C1 driving licence
- A driver DQC – Driver Qualification Card
- Their own tacho smartcard in order to drive commercially
- Experience in multi drop driving
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work effectively and independently under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working hours as delivery round times may vary with workload
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Initiative along with a willingness to learn and develop their skills
- Drive and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment
Please note - This role involves the movement and handling of a large amount of stock which is physically demanding.
We’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact in an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, you could be the person we’re looking for.
In addition to your basic pay, we offer:
- 30 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension
- Free parking on site
- Supportive training and equipment to help do your role effectively.
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- Salary: £9.70 per hour
- Rate of pay: Hourly
- Hours of work: 42 hours per week
- Shift: Days