Location: CARE Northampton
Contract Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 17 July 2020
Specific Hours: 37.5
CARE Northampton have an exciting opportunity for a Fertility Nurse and to be part of a highly professional multidisciplinary team.
CARE Fertility is world renowned pioneering fertility group, since we began more than 40,000 CARE babies have been born so far. CARE prides itself on providing a uniquely personalised level of care to all their patients. We will give you advice, guidance and excellent learning opportunities as well as the option of developing advanced clinical skills.
At CARE Fertility, we also take pride in being able to offer a workplace that:
• Is state of the art and is equipped to the latest standards.
• Has a great working environment - we're a close-knit team who are driven to ensure we provide high quality service.
• Work for a world leading IVF Group that is developing and researching ways to give everyone one the best chance of having a baby.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Judy Byrne, Clinic Director, Judith.Byrne@carefertility.com To find out more about CARE Northampton please visit our website at www.carefertility.com
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure with the DBS.
1. To coordinate or assist with the daily running of the fertility clinic, working within the nursing team and the wider multidisciplinary team, including Donation and Embryology teams.
2. Clinic duties include injection teaching, venepuncture, assisting with the monitoring of treatment cycles. The Fertility Nurse post has the potential to grow by extending clinical responsibilities. This could include ultrasound scanning, sedating, nurse prescribing, consulting and embryo transfers. This will be subject to the operational needs of the clinic and depend on the training, experience and competency of the post holder.
3. Obtain patient's consent and ensure consent forms are signed as per CARE’s consent policies and standard operating procedures.
4. Assist with management and nursing care of patients attending procedures relating to IVF, working in the ward area and procedure room and delivering pre and post-operative care.
5. Assist with ultrasound scanning and supporting the clinicians and embryologists in the operating theatre, as appropriate.
6. To provide advice and information to patient regarding aspects of their treatment and provide emotional support to patients, both face to face and over the telephone.
7. Maintain accurate patient documentation, both written and digitally, in line with agreed protocols.
8. Assist in maintaining the safe custody of drugs in accordance with NMC guidelines.
9. Assist clinicians and embryologists in all procedures and adhere to CARE protocols.
10. Maintain at all times; effective communication with patients, medical staff, nursing staff and other colleagues, including liaising with other CARE centres.
11. Ensure equipment is left in good order, reporting any faults or hazards to Nurse in Charge or Clinic Director
12. Maintain professional development according to NMC guidelines, including up-to-date knowledge of current accepted practice and professional issues.
13. Maintain all standards of professionalism, performed to the NMC code of conduct.
14. To be able to log concerns or incidences on the Datix system.
15. To ensure patients have all screening blood tests results up to date and accounts settled before treatment.
16. To assist in the admission and discharge of patients following procedures and removal of cannulas.
17. Assist with promoting a quality service to patients.
18. Attend Clinical, Governance and Nurse meetings.
19. To assist with Patient Information Events.