- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Established in 1948 we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and Asia with the aim of supporting economic development.
- CDC has net assets of £6.4bn and a portfolio of £4.7 billion. In 2019 we committed over £1.66 billion of capital to business in Africa and Asia and are now invested in 1,200 businesses which directly employ over 875,000 workers and support many more.
- CDC is a Public Limited Company and is wholly owned on behalf of the UK government by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
- In the last few years, we have expanded our presence in Africa and Asia by opening new offices in Bangladesh, Egypt, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria and Pakistan with additional locations opening soon.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests through direct equity, direct debt and funds products to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 485 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
The role will coordinate the operational aspects of CDC’s primary HR information systems, SelectHR, whilst offering best practice advice to the department regarding all other HRIS. Acting as our first technical point of contact for SelectHR and adhoc reporting requests, the postholder will be responsible for maintaining and developing first-class processes to ensure the integrity of CDC’s people data.
- Act as best practice ambassador for all of CDC’s HRIS and associated data management processes.
- Update SelectHR proactively and ensuring all people changes are accompanied by appropriate documentation. All changes will be recorded accurately and in a timely fashion, whilst also being clearly communicated to the Payroll Specialist in accordance with CDC’s payroll timetables.
- Act as the first technical point of contact for queries from employees using CDC’s self-service portal, SelectHR.
- Provide training and accompanying materials to new HR and Business Support Team users of SelectHR.
- Collaborate with the HR Operations and HR Business Partnering team to ensure accurate reporting lines and workflows are maintained in SelectHR.
- Complete regular audits of SelectHR data to support the production of first-class management information for CDC’s senior leadership.
- Lead the development, introduction, and regular review of a standardised suite of SelectHR people data reporting templates for use throughout the HR department.
- Coordinate the monthly distribution of SelectHR data to internal stakeholders as required, with regular reviews to ensure data sets received continue to best achieve their intended purpose.
- Develop and deliver a continuous improvement plan for SelectHR and its processes, whilst suggesting opportunities for more significant developments e.g. system upgrades, expanded functionality and automation of manual elements of processes.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with CDC’s Business Support Team to establish an HRIS superuser group.
- Provide project support to the Head of HR Operations and Systems including (but not limited to) organisational change, other HRIS implementation, budgeted headcount reconciliation and audit activities.
- Respond to requests for ad hoc people data and analysis in a timely manner as required by the department, across CDC and external bodies e.g. Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office or Office for National Statistics.
- Other duties as required.
Should have robust HRIS skills and accurate record keeping experience. We want someone with a passion for accuracy and process improvement who will enjoy working in a busy team, demonstrates critical thinking in resolving problems and dealing with multiple stakeholders.
Background, skills, aptitude
- Must have suitable HRIS experience ideally from with a financial services / professional services / corporate organisation
- Advanced MS Excel skills (Lookups & Pivot Tables)
- Experience in using HR systems (ideally - SelectHR, Access Recruit and Culture Amp).
- Have demonstratable analysis and communications skills with the ability to interpret and explain complex process requirements and data sets to various level stakeholders (both internal and external); additionally able to influence them to maintain their awareness to the HR department’s HRIS best practice and its rationale.
- A proficient knowledge of various data visualisation techniques and how to translate these into actionable recommendations
- A proven track record of delivering impact-led continuous improvements to established processes.
- Innovation - a flare for proactive continuous improvement; developing and streamlining processes, whilst setting service standards.
- Experience of providing an excellent HR service acting as a first point of contact for internal HRIS queries and data requests.
- Organisational skills - ensuring HRIS updates delivered against strict and immoveable deadlines for both payroll and MI reporting by planning and prioritising workload to effectively manage conflicts.
- Problem solving - Ability to think strategically and handle non-routine problems, analysis, and decisions.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and rapidly professionalising environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail, ability to work at pace, whilst scrupulously checking own work.
- Approaches work positively and from a solutions-focused perspective, via which problems are considered opportunities for service improvement.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.
Please provide a cover letter with your application