Team PA, Debt
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
CDC Group is looking to hire a Team PA for the Debt Team.
This team comprises four sub-teams:
- Project Finance – with responsibilities to offer long-term loans to credible infrastructure projects, mainly energy, as well as transport, water etc.
- Corporate Debt – with responsibilities to provide senior and mezzanine style funding to local corporates to finance growth
- Financial Institutions and Trade Finance – with responsibilities to partner with selective financial institutions providing long term loans as well guarantees for trade finance transactions
- Associate Pool – this comprises the Associates, which are working in deal teams across the a.m. sub-teams
The sub-teams are headed by Senior Directors, who are supported by team PAs. The successful candidate will work with the MD, Debt and will co-ordinate the team PAs in the provision of comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the entire debt team on the day to day organisation of the teams, travel and diary management, data management, as well as other administrative duties
- Provide a high standard of secretarial support to the MD, Debt.
- Co-ordination of the Admin/PA support for the entire debt team, including
- organising the PA collaboration across the debt team
- mentoring/coaching of more junior PAs
- co-ordinating team wide issues such as filing (physical and electronic)
- representing the debt team in organisation wide issues such as office space, service providers (travel companies)
- Fielding telephone calls and departmental emails as required, taking and relaying messages accurately, dealing with enquiries and redirecting calls where appropriate.
- Arranging internal and external meetings and calls with multiple participants, prioritising and re-arranging where necessary.
- Maintaining the MD’s contact database and entering new contact information on a regular basis.
- Handling large documents.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements for the MD, Debt, including booking flights, accommodation, visas, currency, preparation of itineraries and liaising with overseas clients where appropriate, consistent with CDC’s travel policy, and processing of expense claims.
- Organising Conferences.
- Other secretarial / administrative duties as required.
The successful candidate will also be expected to assist in the day-to-day running of the office more broadly, including:
- Answering the main switchboard when required.
- Greeting of visitors and making lunch arrangements for meetings.
- Arranging couriers and dealing with incoming and out-going post.
- Accepting deliveries.
- Photocopying and other general duties.
- Covering for other team PAs in their absence and in times of high workload.
CDC is a high profile company but with a relatively small number of employees. It is essential that the candidate is highly flexible, proactive, happy to work in a close-knit team and to get involved in all aspects of office activity.
- Strong office administration.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A background of providing support to large teams.
- Experience to provide support to senior management member
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail including confidence with numerical data.
- Good communication skills and good level of written English.
- Sensitivity to the cultures within which CDC operates.
- Diary Management experience and experience of arranging travel plans.
- Confident, proactive, cheerful and resourceful team-player, not just for Debt, but also for the wider CDC PA team.
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work and seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to manage complex travel arrangements and scheduling
- Ability to manage multiple diaries
- Ensuring the CDC travel policy is adhered to
- Processing expense claims
- We look for candidates who share our culture and reflect our identity, the CDC identities are described as follows:
- Compassion is central to everything we do
- We owe our clients and prospective clients a fast and thoughtful process
- We accept the tough challenges inherent in our mission
- We are quick and non-defensive when things go wrong
- We oppose bureaucracy
- We never forget that we are investing and spending tax payers’ money
- We promote a fulfilling work environment