Project Manager / Business Analyst, Business Services – Programme & Change (6 Month FTC)
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Founded 70 years ago, we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and South Asia with the aim of supporting economic development. CDC has net assets of £5.1bn, with over 1300 growing businesses in the portfolio.
- Last year we committed over £1billion of capital across 50 transactions.
- CDC is wholly owned by the UK government, who has committed a further £3.5bn of capital for CDC to deploy over the next two to three years.
- We are expanding our presence in Africa and South Asia with further new offices openings in 2020.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 400 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
The Programme & Change Team (P&C) sits within the Business Services Department. Business Services is responsible for the management of Technology, Facilities and Travel at CDC. P&C support this by applying project management, business analysis, and change management disciplines to lead change and create benefits for CDC.
We need a pragmatic hybrid Project Manager/Business Analyst (PM/BA) to identify and deliver end-to-end change initiatives. The PM/BA will collaborate with teams across CDC to clarify how Business Services can support their objectives; express those needs as requirements or process flows; and work with internal and external stakeholders to create and deploy solutions which meet these needs.
The two key purposes of this role are:
- To take responsibility for investigating, analysing, articulating and solving complex problems in a way that aligns with CDC’s mission and strategy
- To lead initiatives in a hands-on way to deliver solutions and achieve business benefits in an efficient manner
- Manage a portfolio of Business Services initiatives from inception to operational handover
- Lead day to day project activities for assigned initiatives
- Identify business requirements and translate them into meaningful deliverables
- Nurture relationships with project and business stakeholders, and enable communication between diverse stakeholder groups
- Facilitate new initiative scoping by clarifying business objectives, investigating options, and communicating the best way forwards
- Co-ordinate shared or dedicated staff and vendors
- Control project variables such as scope/schedule/cost/quality and keep stakeholders up to date with relevant information
- Collaborate with your peers to enable continuous improvement of project delivery
- Transform business requirements into test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and guide the testing of processes and systems
- Create tailored project documentation to help manage risks and share knowledge
- Support the recruitment of skilled people
- Cultivate awareness of change management
- Monitor project expenditure where applicable, and adhere to procurement processes
Background, skills, aptitude
- Must have suitable professional experience in project management, business analysis or process improvement
- Expertise and experience delivering technology initiatives within Financial Services or Investment or Private Equity environments
- Be practical and self-starting and comfortable being hands-on or working collaboratively
Essential skills include:
- Industry recognised project management or process improvement accreditation (e.g. PMP, Scrum Alliance, PRINCE2, RegPM, Lean Six Sigma)
- Relationship building, with the ability to engage, negotiate, influence and collaborate across the organisation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Project leadership skills with emphasis on change and risk management
- Problem solving or root cause identification, with the tenacity to find solutions
- The ability to work in a fast paced, evolving environment
Desirable skills include:
- Experience of IT Service Management Outsourcing transitions
- Industry recognised business analysis accreditation (e.g. BCS, CBAP, PMI-PBA)
- Ability to design engaging visual communications or graphics
- Experience leading RFPs or vendor selection processes
- Experience developing and building compelling business cases
Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.
Please provide a cover letter with your application
Role opened: 31 July 2020
Role closes: 31 August 2020