Team PA, Debt
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
CDC Group is looking to hire an additional Team PA for the Debt team, which is growing strongly is currently comprising of 18 members (excluding PAs) and is split into the following sub-teams:
- FI Debt, Supply Chain & Trade Finance
- Project Finance
- Corporate Debt
The successful candidate will work closely with the current PAs in the provision of comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the Team with complex travel arrangements and diary management, as well as other administrative duties.
- Document Management: Electronically filing various incoming reports and documents from Stakeholders for the Debt Team.
- Efront: Making edits to the company content management system relating to the relevant portfolios, including but not limited to updating the weekly pipeline.
- Co-ordinating travel arrangements for Team, including booking flights, accommodation,
- visas, taxis, preparation of itineraries and liaising with overseas clients where appropriate.
- Processing expense claims.
- Fielding telephone calls, taking and relaying messages accurately, dealing with enquiries and redirecting calls where appropriate.
- Arranging internal and external meetings (including conference calls or video
- conferences) with multiple participants across multiple time zones, prioritising and rearranging where necessary.
- Checking department emails as required.
- Ensuring internal database is kept up-to-date and that new contact information is uploaded on a regular basis.
- Preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents.
- Collation of briefing papers for meetings.
- Ensuring the CDC travel policy is adhered to.
- Other administrative duties are required.
Team PAs are also expected to assist in the day-to-day running of the office, including:
- Answering the main switchboard and covering Reception when required.
- Greeting of visitors and arranging refreshments for meetings.
- Arranging couriers.
- Dealing with incoming and out-going post.
- Accepting deliveries.
- Photocopying, sending and receiving of faxes and other general duties.
- Covering for other team PAs in their absence and in times of high workload.
It is essential that the candidate is resilient, highly flexible, happy to work in a close-knit team, can demonstrate a capacity to think outside of the box, use their initiative and get involved in all aspects of office activity.
- Strong office administration of at least three years.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A background providing support to a growing team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills and good level of written English.
- Sensitivity to the cultures within which CDC operates.
- Diary Management exposure.
- Comprehensive experience of arranging detailed and complex travel plans.
- Confident, cheerful and resourceful team-player, not just for Debt, but also the wider PA
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work and seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary and then here for sub points
- Communication: High standard of written/verbal communication
- Team Working: Collaboration with own team and the larger employee community
- Results Focus: Drive to achieve objectives/results
- Personal Effectiveness: Organising self & others to meet agreed deadlines
- Resilience: Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to manage complex travel arrangements and scheduling
- Ability to manage multiple diaries
- Ensuring the CDC travel policy is adhered to
- Preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents Processing expense claims
- We look for candidates who share our culture and reflect our identity, the CDC identities are described as follows:
- Compassion is central to everything we do
- We owe our clients and prospective clients a fast and thoughtful process
- We accept the tough challenges inherent in our mission
- We are quick and non-defensive when things go wrong
- We oppose bureaucracy
- We never forget that we are investing and spending tax payers’ money
- We promote a fulfilling work environment