HR Operations & Reward Administrator, Human Resources
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Founded 70 years ago, we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and Asia with the aim of supporting economic development. CDC has net assets of £6.4bn and a portfolio of £4.7 billion.
- In 2019 we committed over £1.66 billion of capital to business in Africa and Asia and are now invested in 1,200 businesses which directly employ over 875,000 workers and support many more.
- CDC is wholly owned by the UK government, who has committed a further £3.5bn of capital for CDC to deploy over the next two years.
- In 2020 we have expended our presence in Africa and Asia by opening new offices.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with likeminded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 450 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
- This is a newly created role to support the smooth running of the HR Operations & Reward functions within the HR team. The role reports into the HR Operations Executive, who leads the Operations function and along with the HR Ops Advisor, will provide guidance and supervision. The HR function sits within a fast-paced organisation with a mixture of recently established overseas offices and existing sites.
- To provide administrative support to the Operations team by building and maintaining effective records for employees located both in the UK and overseas
- To assist with the employee life-cycle including new joiner onboarding, absences, changes and leavers
- Keep the HR Information System, SelectHR, maintained and cleansed as the system of record
- Preparing payroll instructions and providing supporting documentation for the monthly payrolls
- Assisting the Payroll Specialist with inputs into the ADP system or using excel, as required
- Managing employee benefit enrolment and de-registration
- Manage invoice and relocation expense processing
- Provide support, where appropriate, on other associated operational support to the broader Operations/Reward team and/or the Head of Business Partnering
- Assisting with processes for cyclical events such as annual rises, promotions and progressions and bonus payments
- Assisting on other ad hoc projects as required including the implementation of new regulatory processes
- Experience in an HR role with exposure to HR roles, working closely with internal client groups is advantageous
- Experience of providing an excellent HR customer service by acting as a point of contact for general queries from internal clients
- Experience of assisting in the launch of HR initiatives
- Highly organised and reliable
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills and experience
- HR Information Systems experience an advantage
- Vision: Able to understand what is required of the role, the impact it has on other stakeholders, ask questions where not clear and deliver efficiently and effectively; demonstrate a curiosity to learn; to suggest process improvements to streamline work
- Communication: Articulate and able to communicate effectively (in writing and verbally), to listen proactively and to manage expectations appropriately
- Relationship building: Builds strong and effective relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Team Working: Collaborative approach, with own team and the larger employee community
- Attention to Detail: Desire to update information to a high quality and on time
- Time Management: Able to prioritise tasks and manage multiple work streams simultaneously in a complex and fast-moving environment; reliable and capable of meeting agreed timelines
- Personal Effectiveness: Demonstrate a pro-active approach; show curiosity and a willingness to ask questions and learn; Strong administration skills and well organised
- Resilence: Able to reframe the situation positively when things don’t go as planned, to bounce back from set-backs and look for solutions rather than problems; be proactive
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Why might you take this job?
- You are looking to broaden your experience in a centre of excellence, are curious and passionate about people operations and reward
- You are looking for a chance to step up and make your mark
- You’re a self-starter looking for a degree of personal autonomy in how you shape and perform your role
- You like working in a relatively small, collaborative team where everyone pitches in to help each other when required
- You’re energised by finding new or unorthodox approaches, or piloting new ideas
- You’re not afraid to question accepted wisdom or put forward your own views
- You like variety and enjoy multi-tasking
- You want to work for a purpose-driven, growing organisation
- You believe in CDC’s mission
Please provide a cover letter with your application
- Role opened: 12/11/2020
- Role closes: 10/12/2020
- Salary: Competitive