Team PA, Business Services
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
Due to continued growth, CDC requires the services of an enthusiastic Personal Assistant to the Business Services Team and its Director.
The Business Services Team consists of several sub-teams, namely Information Technology, Programme Management, Travel and Travel Risk Management, and Facilities and Reception.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Business Services and work with the Team more widely in the day to day organisation of the team, travel and diary management, data management, as well as other administrative duties.
Provide a high standard of secretarial support to the Director and Team members:
- Arrange internal and external meetings (including conference calls or video conferences) with multiple participants across multiple time zones, prioritising and re-arranging where necessary, preparing agendas, taking minutes and following up on actions.
- Maintain employee and billing information held in various IT systems. Work with HR, IT and Finance to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Field telephone calls and emails as required, taking and relaying messages and dealing with enquiries.
- Maintain the Teams’ internal contacts database, entering new contact and other information on a regular basis.
- Champion the Team’s SharePoint sites, support the development of new sites and co-ordinate the publishing of information in the correct locations. Provide support to the wider PA team on SharePoint as required.
- Liaise with suppliers and outsource vendors as required. Liaise with the Legal Team and Corporate Secretariat to ensure that contractual agreements are reviewed and stored according to the Contract Administration Policy.
- Maintain teams’ records as required for audit purposes.
- Manage various Business Services processes such as the management of corporate devices, including maintenance of all relevant paperwork and information. Monitor travel and make mobile device account adjustments as required, to help manage CDC costs. Highlight billing anomalies to the Director of Business Services for review.
- Prepare itineraries and co-ordinate occasional travel arrangements for the Team, including booking flights, accommodation, visas and currency, consistent with CDC’s travel policy and processing of expense claims.
- Administer claims according to CDC’s Business Travel Insurance policy.
- Process Business Services invoices, querying them with suppliers as required. Support team expense management including corporate cards.
- Support the development, planning and delivery of training or other events that the Team presents.
- Provide short term cover for other team members during absence or periods of high workload, which will require a high level of aptitude and desire to learn.
- Other secretarial/administrative duties as required, including occasionally covering for Reception or providing support for the day-to-day running of the CDC office where needed.
CDC is a high-profile company with a relatively small number of employees. It is essential that the candidate is highly flexible, proactive, happy to work in a close-knit team and to get involved in all aspects of office activity.
- Experience in a similar role supporting IT and/or Facilities functions and projects.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A background providing effective support to a busy and diverse team.
- Experience in absorbing company policy and applying these to team activities.
- A self-starter with attention to detail including confidence with data.
- Sensitivity to the cultures within which CDC operates.
- Diary management experience and comprehensive experience of arranging detailed travel plans.
- Confident, proactive, cheerful and resourceful team-player.
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work and seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary.
Communication: High standard of written/verbal communication
Team Working: Highly Collaborative with own team and the larger employee community
Results Focus: Drive to achieve objectives/results
Personal Effectiveness: Adept at organising self and others to meet agreed deadlines
Resilience: Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- A high degree of computer literacy is required, including advanced knowledge of the full MS Office Suite and a willingness to learn new programs quickly. Working knowledge of Visio desirable but not essential.
- Experience in supporting teams who are managing a wide-ranging portfolio of projects across multiple teams. A working knowledge of project delivery practices would be advantageous.
- Strong planning and scheduling ability.
- Ability to analyse and present information clearly and concisely.