Associate, Treasury Modelling & Analytics
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Founded 70 years ago, we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and South Asia with the aim of supporting economic development. CDC has net assets of £5.1bn, with over 1300 growing businesses in the portfolio.
- Last year we committed over £1billion of capital across 50 transactions.
- CDC is wholly owned by the UK government, who has committed a further £3.5bn of capital for CDC to deploy over the next two to three years.
- We are expanding our presence in Africa and South Asia with further new offices openings in 2020.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 400 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
- The Treasury team is responsible for the effective and efficient cash management of approximately £500 million spread over various currencies and countries. CDC invests through Direct Equity, Debt and Trade Finance as well as through 3rd Party Fund Managers and had an asset portfolio (as at Dec 2019) of £5.1bn and an annual target pace for new investments of £1.5bn.
- CDC is regulated by the FCA as a MiFID exempt Venture Capital firm. It conducts business on its own account and does not hold third party capital.
- The Treasury team facilitates the management of over £1.0bn of foreign exchange currency exposure and provides counsel on a growing portfolio of local currency loans.
- The Treasurer is responsible for maintaining relationships with a syndicate of banks to support our asset portfolio across South-East Asia and Africa as well as the $600m stand-by borrowing facility.
- CDC has recently expanded its operations and with the increase in deal volumes, there is a need to have a dedicated individual responsible for the cashflow forecast model and other Treasury analytics. This will include:
- Gathering, validating, and manipulating data on cashflows and liquidity performance to facilitate cashflow management and high-quality investment decision-making; and
- Developing the production of analytical reports and dashboards to facilitate management and Board oversight of CDC cash and liquidity.
- Creating and maintaining key databases and model needed to provide regular and on demand reports and assessments of future cashflows, liquidity performance and treasury risks.
- Working with the Treasury team to design and carry out data analysis for use by the Executive Committee and the Board in overseeing and managing CDC’s Treasury operations.
- Identifying areas of risk and contribution to risk mitigation and management strategies
- Supporting and contributing to the production of both regular and ad hoc reports on various aspects of CDC’s portfolio
- Liaising with deal teams on the collection and integration of cashflow data into cashflow forecast model.
- Contributing to Treasury and team strategic planning as required.
Background, skills, aptitude
- MBA or equivalent credential with strong interest in overseas investment and in the use of analytics to support investment
- Must have suitable professional experience gathering, validating, and applying information in the investment process and/or in strategic planning experience of process review, design and implementation of best-in-class processes.
- Part-qualified accountant or treasury qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to research and collate data
- Demonstrable ability to draw conclusions and present ideas
- Very strong systems skills including Excel. Financial modelling skills would be advantageous
- An analytical mind with the ability to proactively identify and address issues.
- The ability to take the initiative, to enjoy new challenges and see tasks through to completion.
- Experience of EFront and Frameworks is preferable.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please provide a cover letter with your application
Role opened: 24/07/2020
Role closes: 24/08/2020