Team and role overview
CDC Group is creating a reconciliations team as part of a new focus on Investment Operations. The team is tasked with
- Establishing a centralised reconciliation function, transferring existing reconciliations from other CDC teams, Investment teams, Finance, Treasury etc
- Improving the reconciliation process to make it more effective and efficient by reviewing and enhancing existing reconciliations together with increased automation and exception management.
The Reconciliations team will be a dedicated group of professionals who ensure that all CDC’s Investment positions, cash balances and transaction data are accurate and can be relied on for critical processes across the firm. Investments are currently made in Private Equity Funds, Direct Equity, Direct Debt and Trade and Supply Chain Finance.
The role will include ensuring cash and position data is in line with external sources and consistent across all internal systems. It will be involved across all aspects of the reconciliation process, exception management, troubleshooting issues, recommending improvements to the reconciliation process and driving forward enhancements to implement them.
The Reconciliations team will play a prominent role to ensure operational consistency across the firm.
- Helping to establish a new reconciliations team understanding the current process and implementing a new best practice solution
- Ensure reconciliations are completed successfully and to schedule
- Identify, record and investigate discrepancies. Work with relevant areas to resolve the breaks and complete any necessary subsequent reporting
- Ensure accuracy of cash and investment positions to external partners and across internal systems
- Work with both internal and external partners to ensure issues are being progressed appropriately. Identify and coordinate escalation of priority issues
- Understand and adhere to all regulatory requirements impacting the reconciliation process
- Participate in initiatives to enhance the reconciliation process including automation and standardisation of existing reconciliations
- Understand upstream processes which impact reconciliation and advise on the impact of changes to them on the reconciliation process
- Develop and maintain accurate Standard Operating Procedures for the reconciliation process
- Record metrics related to reconciliations to provide management with visibility of team productivity and efficiency
Background, skills, aptitude
- Must have suitable experience of working within a reconciliations function in an Investment environment (Investment Management / Private Equity / Investment Banking).
- Experience of cash, stock and exposure reconciliations across internal systems and with external partners
- Strong, effective analytic and problem-solving abilities with previous experience of process implementation and/or improvement (ideally including automation)
- Organised approach to ensure follow up on outstanding issues and identify appropriate action to be taken
- Attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy for all deliverables
- Ability to multi-task and balance activities without losing sight of deadlines
Essential skills include:
- Understanding of financial instruments
- Understanding of the typical technology in use within Investment firms
- Experience of reconciliations on both a manual basis and using automated tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel
- Excellent Communication skills to effectively articulate issues to internal and external partners
Desirable skills include:
- Understanding of any of Private Equity Funds, Direct Debt and Direct Equity
- Data analysis skills, e.g. VBA, SQL
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission. and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.
Please provide a cover letter with your application