Office365 & Sharepoint Analyst
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Founded 70 years ago, we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and South Asia with the aim of supporting economic development. CDC has net assets of £5.1bn, with over 1300 growing businesses in the portfolio.
- Last year we committed over £1billion of capital across 50 transactions.
- CDC is wholly owned by the UK government, who has committed a further £3.5bn of capital for CDC to deploy over the next two to three years.
- We are expanding our presence in Africa and South Asia with further new offices openings in 2019.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 380 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
CDC is a positive working environment, built around a worthwhile and important mission. Working here you can be part of an international team which combines commercial focus and attitude with a mission that plays a demonstrable role in improving the lives of some of the world’s poorest people. You will work with a diverse, intelligent, exciting group of people, and can play a part in ensuring that CDC remains a truly excellent place to work.
- The Office365 and SharePoint Analyst will assist in furthering the CDC strategy of adopting Microsoft Office365 cloud services as part of its Digital Transformation programme. The objective being to transform our end user productivity and collaboration experience across all offices and locations.
- The role will take responsibility for Office365 and SharePoint issue and service request resolution.
- The role will assist in developing strategies that satisfy CDC business requirements and leverage Office365 services to deliver effective, practical, and secure solutions to staff and partners.
- The role will assist in how best to use the Office365 tools and services, and to proactively monitor and assess the impact of future changes and developments on the Microsoft roadmap.
- The Office365 and SharePoint Analyst will report to the Office365 and SharePoint Lead.
The role involves operational support & administration of the Office365 and SharePoint online infrastructure. Along with analysis of varying business requirements and assisting in driving adoption of these services. There are three main pillars to the role:
- Support – Ensure the Office365 and SharePoint online infrastructure is appropriately managed and secure, and that service issues and requests are timeously addressed and provisioned. This includes working with users, stakeholders, an internal team, third parties and managed service providers.
- Analysis – Analyse the business needs of the organisation with respect to Office365 and SharePoint by working with internal stakeholders, prioritising requirements, considering the impact of change, and successfully delivering on objectives through own skills or external service providers.
- Adoption – Support the Lead to further develop the strategy around Office365 and SharePoint, keeping the business up to date with the evolving technological environment.
- Is knowledgeable with respect to Office365, SharePoint online, and Microsoft cloud services, including TEAMS, OneDrive & Power Platform.
- Can demonstrate excellent Office365 and SharePoint online support and administration skills.
- Has experience of producing solutions to meet Business needs utilising out of the box O365 services, such as PowerApps, Flow & Forms.
- Understands and follows Microsoft best practice for O365 services.
- Aware of working within a service management framework, such as ITIL.
- Can demonstrate personal commitment to ensure standards are continuously sustained and improved.
- Has strong inter-personal and communications skills to manage relationships both internally and with external service providers.
- Assist with training and development opportunities within the Business.
- Has good analytical, problem solving, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Is driven, self-motivated, creative and can demonstrate initiative.
- Shows enthusiasm and a passion for the technology.
- Has empathy and understanding of other cultures within a work context.
- University degree or equivalent.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
Please provide a cover letter with your application
Role opened: 10/07/2019
Role closes: 08/08/2019