Associate, Human Capital Team
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
The Human Capital team provides support to CDC’s deal teams and investees on people & organisational issues. This work is core to the investment process and especially critical in the markets we invest in.
Our work is wide-ranging but focuses, in particular, on assessing and strengthening Boards and management teams.
One week we might be helping an investee in Cameroon with succession planning. The following week could find us in Zimbabwe, assessing a senior management team we’re thinking of investing in. A month later we could be designing a training programme for front-line sales staff in India.
The work is nuanced, challenging and varied.
To support this consulting work, we’re building a range of human capital services for use by CDC, our investees and the wider market. Services we’re currently creating include: a talent mapping product in Myanmar, a training programme for fund managers and a service provider comparison tool, among others.
As a team we work hard, we move quickly and we expect a lot of ourselves and each other. More importantly, we love the work we do and we have fun doing it. We’re looking for someone who’ll feel and do the same.
- Manage, design and deliver an ongoing pipeline of internal & external comms
- Help the team build a network of C-level contacts and service providers
- Contribute to the ongoing analysis of our team’s impact within CDC’s portfolio and the wider market
- Own several internal workstreams, including tracking, monitoring & evaluation of projects across CDC
- Support on the design and delivery of our team’s consulting projects
- Support on the design and delivery of our team’s services
Required Skills and Experience
- Product management, consulting, marketing or prior human capital experience
- Strong communication & relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong research & qualitative data analysis skills
- PowerPoint wizardry
- Ability to work flexibly in an early stage environment
- Grit and ability to deliver high quality work within tight timelines
- Positivity in abundance
- Ability to work with a remote team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for creating work that addresses significant human capital challenges
- Excel expertise
- Experience working or living in some of our markets in Africa and South Asia
- Interest in development finance
- Inquisitive & hungry to learn
- Eager to take, deliver and act on feedback
- High expectations for self and others
Please include a one-page cover letter with your application
Role Posted on: 22/10/2018
Role Closes on: 20/11/2018