Treasury Cash Analyst, Finance – Treasury
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Established in 1948 we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and Asia with the aim of supporting economic development.
- CDC has net assets of £6.4bn and a portfolio of £4.7 billion. In 2019 we committed over £1.66 billion of capital to business in Africa and Asia and are now invested in 1,200 businesses which directly employ over 875,000 workers and support many more.
- CDC is a Public Limited Company and is wholly owned on behalf of the UK government by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
- In the last few years, we have expanded our presence in Africa and Asia by opening new offices in Bangladesh, Egypt, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria and Pakistan with additional locations opening soon.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests through direct equity, direct debt and funds products to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 485 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
- The Treasury team is responsible for the effective and efficient cash management of approximately £500 million spread over various currencies and countries. CDC invests through Direct Equity, Debt and Trade Finance as well as through 3rd Party Fund Managers and had an asset portfolio (as at Dec 2020) of £5.2bn and an annual target pace for new investments of £2bn.
- CDC is regulated by the FCA as a MiFID exempt Venture Capital firm. It conducts business on its own account and does not hold third party capital.
- The Treasury team facilitates the management of over £1.5bn of foreign exchange currency exposure and provides counsel on a growing portfolio of local currency loans.
- The Treasurer is responsible for maintaining relationships with a syndicate of banks to support our asset portfolio across South-East Asia and Africa as well as the $600m stand-by borrowing facility.
- The Treasurer reports to the CFO and has 5 direct report (Treasury Business Partner, Treasury & Cash Operations Manager, Treasury and Accounting Manager, Syndicated Loans Executive and Treasury Cashflow Modeller)
- CDC has recently expanded its operations and with the increase in the deal volume, there is a need to have a dedicated individual responsible for cash and liquidity support and administration, short-term cash forecasting and bank account mandates maintenance. Additionally, this role will help to review the cash and bank processes, enhance controls and document procedures in preparation for automation of processes using the Salmon Treasury Management System (TMS). The role is permanent and will report to the Treasury & Risk Manager.
- Manage the day-to-day cash balance and transaction information and reporting.
- Own and be responsible for the daily cash flow forecasting and liquidity model for the Group.
- Consolidating requests for, and preparing documentation for, funding of the investment portfolio, including but not limited to equity and bond settlements, Indian Rupee funding.
- Administering KYC documentation and mandates for the bank and custody accounts (circa 90 accounts).
- Prepare documentation and trade the monthly FX hedge portfolio, spot FX trades, and weekly deposits.
- Complete the daily cash workflows in the Treasury Management System (TMS).
- Support the cash management operations of the overseas offices.
- Work with the wider finance team to assist in the processing of payments, banking requests and other various treasury related issues, as needed.
- Assist in preparing the processes for automation of data feeds into and out of the TMS.
- Expanding the cash management functionality of the TMS.
Background, skills, aptitude
- Suitable experience in a global treasury function (multi-currency) gained in either a corporate or banking organisation.
- Working knowledge of cash and bank account management, cashflow forecasting, foreign currency and deposit management and foreign exchange hedging is essential.
- Experience of emerging markets would be a significant advantage.
- ACT cash management certification preferred, and accountant qualifications would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in Treasury Management System usage is essential
- Experience of Salmon Software, HSBC.net and Straight2Bank is preferable.
- Proactively identify and address operational issues.
- Ability to manage multiple data sources and tasks in an organised and timely fashion, meet deadlines and be responsive.
- A flexible team player.
- The ability to take the initiative, to enjoy new challenges and see tasks through to completion.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.
Please provide a cover letter with your application