Programme and Change Manager
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
CDC is a positive working environment, built around a worthwhile and important mission. Working here you can be part of an international team which combines commercial focus and attitude with a mission that plays a demonstrable role in improving the lives of some of the world’s poorest people. You will work with a diverse, intelligent, exciting group of people, and can play a part in ensuring that CDC remains a truly excellent place to work.
- To establish a project and change support function within the Business Services team. This role will work with a wide range of teams across the business to coordinate the successful implementation of business-critical projects.
- The role will provide project management support and work with the project teams to analyse develop, implement and execute appropriate project, communications, and change strategies. Thereby supporting our strategic transformational initiatives and helping to ensure we maximise and embed business benefits.
- The role requires effective coordination among multiple operations teams and management of the inter-dependencies of their activities including oversight of any risks, issues, and budget.
- The role reports to the Director of Business Services
- Gather project requirements.
- Design and build project and change plans, monitor progress and resolve issues.
- Actively contribute to the change management process for all relevant initiatives.
- Conduct regular change readiness assessments and implement strategies to respond.
- Develop detailed impact assessments considering people, process, system and financial impacts.
- Contribute to the refinement of processes and procedures to improve change methodologies.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to change methodologies.
- Consult with business leaders and all other key stakeholders to implement solutions that generate increased adoption and acceptance of change across all levels within the business.
- Drive ownership of change through influence, relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Ensure business and stakeholder needs are identified, addressed and a good quality communication plan is in place ensure continuation of staff engagement.
- Proactively identify and escalate risks and issues
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are identified and kept apprised of project and change management progress through regular and concise reporting
- Support the Chair and CTO in running the Information Systems Steering Group
The individual appointed as the programme and change manager must have the necessary seniority to be able to take on the responsibilities associated with the role.
The successful candidate must also have a clear understanding and alignment with CDCs mission and purpose as a development finance institution.
The role requires
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the operational teams.
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes, including business change initiatives.
- Mastery of programme and project management methods.
- Business analysis experience.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and build consensus.
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
- The ability to find ways of solving and pre-empting problems.
- High standards for programme delivery and execution.
- Excellent people skills including the ability to communicate with clarity and simplicity.
We look for candidates who share our culture and reflect our identities:
- Compassion is central to everything we do
- We owe our clients and prospective clients a fast and thoughtful process
- We accept the tough challenges inherent in our mission
- We are quick and non-defensive when things go wrong
- We oppose bureaucracy
- We never forget that we are investing and spending tax payers’ money
- We promote a fulfilling work environment
Please submit a cover note with your application.
Posted on 13 February 2018
Closing on 15 March 2018